Pandemic the Board Game (Play-by-Forum)

Players and Card Hands:
Spoiler :
Synsensa
You are the Operations Expert.

You have two special abilities:
1. You can do the Build Research Station action without discarding a card.
2. Once per turn, you can move anywhere by discarding a city card if you are at a research station.

Current Cards

---

Marcher Jovian
You are the Scientist.

You only need 4 cards to Discover a Cure.

Current Cards

---

Timsup2nothin
You are the Researcher.

You can do the Share Knowledge action and give any card without that card matching your current city. (i.e. if you are in the same city, you can pass any card to another player. Ignore the Lab Challenge text.)

Current Cards

---

Golden1Knight
You are the Medic.

You have two special abilites:
1. You remove all cubes of one color when treating disease, even when the disease is not cured.
2. If a disease is cured, all cubes of that color are automatically removed when you are in a city (and therefore no more cubes can be placed there while you stay there).

Current Cards

Cards in Draw Deck: 27 [14 turns until time runs out]

Infection Discard Pile:
Spoiler :
Upcoming Cards in the Infection Draw Deck:
Spoiler :

Random order
Player Discard Pile

The disease can still spread if it is cured. You must remove all of its cubes from the board to eradicate it. (In-game, you are dispensing the cure. YOU have it but those cities don't.) But now everyone removes three cubes from black, and G1K eats them for free just by walking in there :lol:

If black is cured, why did black spread?
Also, excellent question, and one that's been asked pretty much every time I've played Pandemic IRL with someone who's never played before.
Cured = easier to treat and part of winning.
Eradicated = Gone and can never come back. Drawing Infection cards of eradicated diseases does nothing and makes your life easier (but has nothing to do with winning.)

You guys no longer have to race against the clock. The race is now against losing to too many cubes or outbreaks. G1K and Syn should take care of that, and Marcher can win on his next turn. :D

Eat some cubes Syn. Those right where you are should be fine.

what is the cube supply right now Topsecret? Are we close to running out of anything?

Blood Flood: 13 cubes remaining
Blue Lip Choke: 19 cubes remaining
Yellow Fever: 13 cubes remaining
The Black Death: 15 cubes remaining (Cured!)

apparently

Check the "upcoming" Infection cities. Those are ones that have been shuffled on top. Look for 3 cubes that still haven't outbreaked yet. Use the Event to build a research station and go knock some out.

My advice: knock down Santiago and Osaka using your event. That should keep you guys safe enough.

EDIT: Or consider Lagos if you want to avoid the outbreak starting there again since it has more connections. Either way, take out some cubes. :)

Last edited:
If you think this is bad, I've won with zero cubes remaining of a color and seven outbreaks. :crazyeye: (Remember, you don't lose until you try to place a cube that isn't there...)

Top Bottom