Parents

MadScotsMan

The Ruler of Cattle
This doesnt deal with your parents really, but other peoples parents. YOur parents always get on your nerves when you are young, while it seems friends parents just plain have it out for you, or them. Example, I was supposed to go to a movie tonight, but her mom all of a sudden decides: NO, you were out at Dollywood yesterday, I want you to stay home! O well. Then again, my parents are PERFECT....:rolleyes: See, more little annoyances that they seem to do

I am assuming most of the members on this site are young, the 15-25 range.

eh? did her mom ban you or the girl going?

sure the girl isnt using it as an excuse?

My mother has always been much worse than what I've read in any book or heard about from anyone. Not only me, but also my father, my neighbors and my friends all try to avoid her and hate her. She destroyed my father's life, and if I weren't strong enough she would have destroyed mine too. I was lucky to be much younger than my father. :p What she does is way beyond normal, and is hard even to be described. I've always tried to excuse her because of her childhood, but still, it's unbelievable what she does.

I get along with my parents, and most of my friends parents most of the time. I don't always agree with them all, but I generally don't fight with them and I don't usually have people who I consider "enemies". I'm even rather sarcastic with my friends parents at times, but they're usually amused rather than angry. Maybe I'm charming, or funnier than I think. ;)

My parents have their ups, and downs not great, but I won't complain too much either.

Now for other peoples parents... They vary so widely, some like my childhood best friends parents are awsome. Others like my ex-gf's Dad just plain suck, I just discovered the reason she's been ignoring her is because she isn't allowed to speak to me...:p
Others are in between... There's no one-size-fits-all description I'm sorry.

I've never run into problems with parents of friends. Now the parents of idiots that kept wanting to fight me also wanted to do so (to the point of some crazed guy ending up at our door threatening to kill both my father and myself because I slapped his kid who just upped an punched me in the mouth). Or the parent of this other idiot who told me to take it like a real man and fight him instead. I was 12 (even though by then I was 6 foot, 220-pounds, his son wasn't all that much smaller).

But the few friends and others that I've had in my life, it's a pretty good bunch. Even with politics! I'm happy for that. I don't really get why they're good with me, but I'm not complaining! :)

And somehow I've managed to convince my girlfriend's family during two gatherings at MN that I'm not the Antichrist. Victories all around!

ha. Someone knew what I was talking about. Most of my friends parents like me, but I know some who don't like me too much, because I have a very black/dry sense of humour, and they just don't get it

Never had problems with parents, even all my G/f's parents. My mom always allowed me to do whatever I wanted and other parents either liked me or didn't care.

Edit: Some of my friends told me their dad's asked them why they aren't more like Bugfatty. One of my friends even told me that their dad "admired" me. I always laughed my ass off at that.

This doesnt deal with your parents really, but other peoples parents. YOur parents always get on your nerves when you are young, while it seems friends parents just plain have it out for you, or them. Example, I was supposed to go to a movie tonight, but her mom all of a sudden decides: NO, you were out at Dollywood yesterday, I want you to stay home! O well. Then again, my parents are PERFECT....:rolleyes: See, more little annoyances that they seem to do

I am assuming most of the members on this site are young, the 15-25 range.

I love my parents, and most of my friends' parents are nice people. It's just a matter of hanging out with the right crowd to find good sets of parents.

My relationship with my parents has always been good; I have even come to terms with all my dad's weird habits (I somehow picked them up myself, though, which is pretty scary). Apart from a tiny amount of friction when I was a teenager (I still think some of it was their fault) we have never had problems. I never knew most of my friends' parents that well, although when I went on my mission my best friend's mom got all weird about it.

My parents can't stop themselves telling me (actually, more like dictating) what to do in everything I do (literally). Sometimes I grateful for it, but too much of a good thing does get on your nerves.

Anyway, from what I know my friends' parents are even more controlling than my parents. They're nice people nonetheless but i don't know them well.

My parents irk me about 60% of the time. 30% of the time they're cool, 10% of the time they're great.

Some of my friends parents were all right. Also I remember as depicting my parents as worse than they were to my friends. So they were probaly doing the same.

Top Bottom