Patch fixed the slowdown?

alvan

Chieftain
Simple question

Cant be arsed to try a game only to get disapointed at turn X

I haven't noticed a slowdown recently, but that could be a coincidence.

Well, I reloaded a pre-patch savegame and turns are definitely faster, it used to take over a minute for the AI to process turns, now I think it takes about half of that time. I think it was due to issues with the worker moves. Also, now the savegames load faster for me. Graph rendering is still a bit slow in end game with huge map and all settings in high, 2x AA.

haven't truly tested since the patch. Too monotonous in the Renaissance and beyond. I am doing small maps and just going to war with everybody.

I had an epic huge earth going last weekend, but Askia stole my happiness in some kind of phantom luxury resource scam when I was only 50 smilepoints away from a golden age and so I quit and started whining on these boards again. I was at around 1690 when I quit and I didn't feel that I was lagging too much.

People have been reporting faster turn times, but still pretty slow where they were really slow before.

For example instead of 45 seconds, 20 seconds.

I think the feel of faster turn times is mainly wishful thinking. People are starting new games and it feels faster, but it's always faster earlier in a game.

Not quite. Some people have done the test with the same savegame before and after the patch. If I remember the thread, I might link it here. It was probably in tech support.

The patch improved enemy turn time, but didn't make it 'fast'. Instead of a 30 second wait in between your turns, you might see a 15 second wait.

Simple question

Cant be arsed to try a game only to get disapointed at turn X

What slowdown ? I'm not trolling, just asking. Maybe I am lucky but turns are not slow on my PC. It takes a while (20-25 seconds) to load a saved game but when it's loaded turns are extremely fast, even in the late game.

What slowdown ? I'm not trolling, just asking. Maybe I am lucky but turns are not slow on my PC. It takes a while (20-25 seconds) to load a saved game but when it's loaded turns are extremely fast, even in the late game.

Are you playing small maps with few civs?

That might depend on your definition of 'extremely fast'. Towards the middle/end of a standard-sized game with normal numbers of civs and city-states, I usually see in-between turn times of about 15 seconds or so. (On a pretty powerful gaming PC I put together to run games like FFXIV and Aion, so Civ5 whould be no problem.)

If the issue is being caused by worker automation or path finding, wouldn't easing some of the 1upt restrictions reduce the time? Nothing game-breaking, but they could allow civilian units to occupy the same tile, and maybe allow civilian units to traverse through units from other civs you are at peace with. If there was a mod that allowed those two things, would the turn time be better?

Top Bottom