Patch for problems? not loading saved sames..

Blue-moustache

Chieftain
'Thought i'd ask here, instead of trying to read through many threads.. i have downloaded a lot of fan-based created patches,.. as the CIV company dont provide any support (so they say).. just wondering if you know of good fixes for the problem of games not loading after save.? I took the game back to the shop because of this problem, but i've re-ordered the game, as i want to start modding it soon, so i need some advise to try and sort it out...My computer is VISTA, fairly new and high-spec. :eek:

Make sure you have a clean install, and install patch 1.01f from Firaxis. Does saving and loading work? (It does for everyone else). Then install your fav mod and try save/load from there.

You can't transfer saves between mods, or between vanilla and mods.

No, it's exactly the same.. new install, patch to 1.01.. try and load a saved game.. music, screen flashes, and that's it.. i cant play the game,.:confused:

Don't load an old saved game.

1. Start a NEW game.
2. Play a few turns.
3. Save it.
4. Load the save.

If it doesn't work, post the save you're trying to load so I can investigate.

Don't load an old saved game.

1. Start a NEW game.
2. Play a few turns.
3. Save it.
4. Load the save.

If it doesn't work, post the save you're trying to load so I can investigate.

thanks, i'm getting desperate to try and play the game.. adjusting all the video/graphic options etc.. i've got better sound by making some changes, so far.

I've found a way to sort of play.. start a new game, save that after a turn, then go into saved games and try loading a saved game.. it worked for one game i saved, but not another.. it's progress.. as i only want to work on the Mare Nostrum mod.. and play that.. not on the original game..
any advise always welcome.
It seems to be loading a saved game if it's less than 65KB.. which i suspect is about 3 turns..

Top Bottom