Patch incoming

Anyone else finding that the Golden Age timer doesn't go up?

So it's not just me? Just finished an Emperor/Standard speed game as Babylon. Got a good start and managed to grab a few wonders including Chichen Itza. Went on a massive conquering spree after the first golden age taking out 4 other civs on my continent (first 3 with CBs and warriors/swords last with X-Bows). Lots of luxuries so was able to keep my happiness at a reasonable level.

Then I managed to grab Taj Mahal, after it's golden age ran out, another started very quick - I was puzzled and thought this must be my first 'proper' golden age. Then it ended and 15-20 turns later another started... then another, and again (happiness was around the 30-40 mark). Timer never seemed to go above the 540+ amount :crazyeye:

Off to try a game as Persia now ;)

Another bug: Tried to initiate diplomacy with another CiV while the AI played its turns. When the screen came up I had the menu un-clickable. When I tried to click on the bottom of the screen to leave the screen the menu appeared on the right top corner of the screen still un-clickable. No escape worked to leave the screen. Apparently after a reload I found that this happens on the rare occasion that you start a diploscreen during the AIs turns and when the AI plans to open one of its own with you.

Certainly not game braking but some might want to know about it. Best let the AI play its turn and then initiate diplomatic relations.

I have a number of beefs with this patch which has mostly generated the response of "Give me my old game back!". I play local area network multiplayer by the way, with G&K and DLCs, and simultaneous turns (co-operative play with my wife vs the AIs):

1. The sounds have been mucked about. No longer get a unique sound for goodie huts, natural wonders, wonder construction, Golden age start, etc, but MOST annoying of all is the incredibly irritating BOING after every turn. Please - someone tell me how to turn it off!!

2. The first move of every turn is delayed by 5 seconds as you have to wait for the barbarians to move during the start of the turn. The new HUGE box at the bottom of the screen makes it obvious its the Barbs as their symbols flashes until their turn is over which happens for the first 5 seconds or so of the human players turn.

3. Starting or loading a game, I have to pointlessly wait 10 seconds for a countdown. The is a button that highlights when you hover over it like you could click it and skip the countdown, but you cannot. This screen generally seems a lot "clunkier" than pre patch, having to scroll to see more than about 4 other players where previously you could see 10+ or something.

4. None of my defaults selections are saved for world selection (I like Pangaea, Huge, Marathon, 5 billion, low sea, abundant). These used to be in the ini file (which still shows my selections) but seems to be ignored now. Its annoying to have to set all these every time.

5. The in game UI is messier with the new HUGE box at the bottom which serves little to no purpose other than block out a lot of the screen. The top right score list is also something like 30% wider for things that have no interest to me playing on a local network with my wife (seriously, I don't need to kick my wife from the game...).

6. When you add new stuff, please expose it to the ini files so we can chose to have it or not.

7. Test the bloody thing before releasing it!

8. My impression of multiplayer games is that the vast majority are families (often playing co-operatively) but this seems to never be catered for.

9. Give me AI interactions in multiplayer please! You never hear a peep out of the AI in multiplayer. I don't see why you cannot give us the normal single player experience in multiplayer (if you do it for performance, at least expose the option to an ini file setting so people with good kit have a choice!)

Other than that, I like it:mischief:

Hello Fellow Die Hard Civ Fans,

I am playing as GK on Chieftain level. Ran into the snag of lock screen during diplomacy too. Finally was able to unlock it. I think I got lucky. The beef I had was I could not buy any military units although I had the money. I understand you need one oil to buy a tank but I was trying every other turn or every two or three turns to buy an Infantry unit. This was frustrating. Anyone else running into this.

Also...no one has replied .. which version is the updated patch. I am playing with version "1.0.3.18"

Thanks

Brew God

The beef I had was I could not buy any military units although I had the money. I understand you need one oil to buy a tank but I was trying every other turn or every two or three turns to buy an Infantry unit. This was frustrating. Anyone else running into this.
Did you already have a unit in the city? You can only buy if the city doesn't have a unit there already.

Also...no one has replied .. which version is the updated patch. I am playing with version "1.0.3.18"

This was already posted in this thread (screen 3, I think). 1.0.3.18 is indeed the version of the patch.

Hello Fellow Die Hard Civ Fans,

Thanks for the info. It could be that the unit I bought was still in the city stuck between turns when it gets promoted etc. Also did not see the patch version on prior screens.

Thanks

Game speed is a huge bonus.

Brew God

If you have existing save points for these issues, we would love to take a look. Additionally, please let us know if this is something encountered only in saves, or if you see this in a new fresh game as well.

Yes, I have save games for these. Do you want me to send them to you?

Even after BNW launch achievements based on winning a game are still bugged. I am still not getting winning on king difficulty achievement and winning with a civ. This is with pre-bnw save game.

Did golden ages always give a boost to production? I thought it used to be a bonus to growth, but I could be wrong.

Also 'avoid growth' seems to prevent a city gaining a level, don't think it did that before.

Did golden ages always give a boost to production? I thought it used to be a bonus to growth, but I could be wrong.

Also 'avoid growth' seems to prevent a city gaining a level, don't think it did that before.

Golden Ages give boosts to gold, production and culture, but not food (growth), beakers or faith.

Top Bottom