Patch proobelms- regular civ4+d2d warlords

Meegs

Chieftain
hey I've got q problem installing the new patches so I can play bts....

I have the regular version of civ4 but the d2d version of warlords, I got the warlords patch from the d2d site and the regular patch from this site.

I installed the regular patch first, then the warlords patch... and then the problem..

in the initial set up of of the warlords patch it says that a new version of civ4 is available and that I don't have it... even though I just set it up. there is no option to cancel just an ok button. so I clicked ok and it started to install the vanilla patch again... when it was finished, it went back to the warlords patching, and there it popped up a message saying it had failed and began aborting the patching....

Anyone have a guess as to what is going on?

Thanks!

If you only want to play BTS, why don't you just uninstall Warlords before installing BTS?

I'm not sure if I understood the problem correct, also just guessing here, but have you tried installing BTS first and then Warlords?

I have Vanilla (cd version) and warlords (d2d version) installed - both have been insalled for a long time. Patching vanilla was no problem - patching Warlords is. It won't take a patch from firaxis ("Warlords is not installed), nor will it take a patch from D2D (it always aborts).

I have not tried uninstalling Warlords yet...

I have the same problem.

I have the CD version of Civ4 and Warlords. I however used the D2D version of BTS and it does not work. It gives me the error, "The Patch Failed to Install! Aborting Installation"

It says I do not have the current version of Civ4.. when I actually do have the current version.

I can't get my game to work :(

I have patched civ4 to 1.7 and i have patched warlords, via the patch that auto downlloads when you logged in. Everything is up to date... then i try and install BTS and it gives me an error that my patch is not avialable. I think the BTS will only install if i have the old version of civ4, before the patch installed. I may have to uninstall everything, go with the old version and then install bTS. I think the BTS install is not recognizing the patch that came out AFTER bts was created..

we'll see.. what a mess

I'm not sure what's wrong-- I've got D2D Warlords also, and it's impossible to update it to 2.13... either manually or in-game. The patch initializes but then crashes out with an error stating that Warlords is not installed. For some reason, Warlords patch 2.13 doesn't recognize the D2D version of the game.

This also crashed the BTS install, because the BTS install would indicate that there was a new version of Warlords to install, then the install would crash.

I've uninstalled Warlords to try and see if I can get BTS to install.

Hopefully it'll work. Too bad I can't have both Warlords and BTS installed.

Make sure that you're patching D2D games with the patches provided by D2D. Retail patches do not work on D2D games.

Top Bottom