PAX East 2013 and the Question of Tablets

Helmling

Philosopher King
I don't know how many of you have been obsessing over the PAX East 2013 panel from Firaxis, but there's some tantalizing stuff in it.

For one thing, the panel opens with a discussion of tablet gaming, referencing how CiV is now touch-capable for Windows 8 computers with touch screen. The team seemed effusive in their praise for that conversion. Then, at the end of the panel, the X-com team announced that Enemy Unknown is coming to iPad and iPhone soon.

Now, the thing about Windows 8 is that its touchscreen base is very, very small--and from what I've read, may not be catching on terribly well.

iOS, however, has a massive user base. Given that the iOS version of CivRev has continued to receive updates and support, it seems like the Civ name is doing pretty well in that ecosystem.

So I'm wondering if there's any prospect of the CiV team's next project after BNW being an iOS port for CiV itself.

I know that I for one would eat that sucker up. Hell, I'd probably get a newer iPad just to run it more smoothly.

I'm sure they'll consider it. My guess is they'll have other priorities that could conflict with it.

I think it's a given that Civ6 will be tablet playable from very early on.

Top Bottom