PBEM DD14: Genie’s Bottle

denyd

Emperor
Today’s your lucky day. You’ve discovered a magic lamp and the Genie of the Lamp will grant you 3 wishes for the next PBEM game.

Your first wish is you get to spend 300 shields on any Ancient Age units you want.

Your second wish is to add a new trait and the matching starting tech, if you already have that tech you’ll get to pick the new starting tech for your tribe.

Your third wish is to add a pair of new UUs to your tribe (that’ll give you 3). Your new UUs will have to be a UU of another tribe.

Since I’m feeling generous I’ll give you a bonus wish, you get to pick your AI neighbor.

Number of human players: 4
Number of AI: 4
Level: Monarch
Size: Large
Map: Normal weather & terrain on a Continents map
Barbarians: None (no huts either)
SGL: On (no restrictions on usage)
Statue of Zeus: Minor Wonder requires Horses
Knights Templar: Minor Wonder requires Iron
Great Library: Add a library to each continental city – Expires with Education

Starting bonus: AI start with 2 settlers, 2 workers & 50g
Humans start with 200g
Wish 1 (Starting units): 300 shields to spend on starting units
Wish 2 (New trait): Add a new trait to your tribe (added to your normal 2)
Wish 3 (New UUs): Add a new 2 UUs to your tribe (total of 3 UU)
Restrictions: Must be AA units (remember to include a settler)
The UUs you select must be a UU of another tribe

Special rules: All players can build AC (Mathematics) & Crusaders (Theology)
Bonus wish is you get to pick your AI neighbor

Roster:
Knutis: England + SCI (Bronze Working) – Siphai & Panzer – Egypt

Calis: Byzantines + AGR (Pottery) – Cossack & Panzer – America

Cyc: France + AGR (Pottery) – XXX & XXX – India

DenyD: Ottoman + AGR (Pottery) – Berserk & Panzer – Korea

OK, my neighbour shall be America

Just to be 100% sure...if I wanted could I take 10 extra settlers at the beginning for the 300 shields? (just to take it to the extreme, as it wouldn't make much sense).

You could take 10 settlers and I toyed with that idea, but decided against it. I'm pretty sure that you need to take 1 settler or else you may disappear at the end of turn 1.

Right now I'm thinking of 6 Settlers, 8 Workers & 4 Jaguar Warriors.

BTW: I double checked and I'm not able to assign any non-land units, so no curraghs, galleys, etc.

You could take 10 settlers and I toyed with that idea, but decided against it. I'm pretty sure that you need to take 1 settler or else you may disappear at the end of turn 1.

Right now I'm thinking of 6 Settlers, 8 Workers & 4 Jaguar Warriors.

BTW: I double checked and I'm not able to assign any non-land units, so no curraghs, galleys, etc.

OK thanks...

You calculation is not 100% correct. You end up with 320 shields as the jags are 15s units...I'll think about the starting units a bit...

I'll have to check when I have game access, but my PDF from the CFC web site has Jags & Enikdu both at 10sh along with the standard warrior & the Scout.

BTW: Even though Armies & Great Leaders could be considered AA ground units and I am allowed to add them with the editor, I'm not going to make them available since I don't have any way of assigning them a shield value.

I did some more research about the cost of Jags and both C3C PDF & the CFC Web site list them at 10 shields, HOWEVER, when I started a test C3C game as the Aztecs, the cost came up at 15 shields, so I'll go with that cost.

Now, I'll have to refigure my unit choices.

You can spend the 300 on any land units available in the Ancient Age

Immortals, Mounted Warriors, Gallic Swords, Impi, Hoplites, etc are in play, but they will start a GA if they win a battle

I was thinking someone might try the 4 settlers, 18 Jags gambit, but it doesn't seem as likely based on the tribes picked.

Also, note that with 3 traits, you'll need to satisfy all 3 to start your GA with via Wonders

You can spend the 300 on any land units available in the Ancient Age

Immortals, Mounted Warriors, Gallic Swords, Impi, Hoplites, etc are in play, but they will start a GA if they win a battle

I was thinking someone might try the 4 settlers, 18 Jags gambit, but it doesn't seem as likely based on the tribes picked.

Also, note that with 3 traits, you'll need to satisfy all 3 to start your GA with via Wonders

You can imagine that if you go with 18 jags that everybody else would pick some more military....and still they use 15 shields, or did you check that?

You are correct about the Jags. The documentation says 10sh but the game uses 15sh. Strange since an EW (1-2-1) is 10, I would have thought that an JW (1-1-2) would be fine at 10)

You are correct about the Jags. The documentation says 10sh but the game uses 15sh. Strange since an EW (1-2-1) is 10, I would have thought that an JW (1-1-2) would be fine at 10)

Speed is regarded as everything in this game. Gallic Swords also cost 40 instead of the swordsman/Legion/Immortal with 30 shields.

Just a quick update for you gentlemen, the dirt has been laid and I'll be adding the resouces tonight. I hope to have the rule changes done by Wednesday night. I'll need Cyc's choices for added UU and starting units by Thursday night so I can put the final touches on on the start. If you want to change anything you have until then.

For my two UU adittions, I choose the Gallic Swordsman and the Chinese Rider.

I decided last night while adding the resources that the map was too contrived, so I started over. This will delay the start about 2-3 days.

:)
Can you expand on too contrived?

Oh, maybe like putting jungle just above where the tundra goes. I see now. ;)

No variety, just bands of tundra then forest, then grassland, then plains then desert then mountains then jungle and the coastline

I also realized the SEA players would have some pretty crappy starting positions

Ok, maps all done and rule changes are complete

I'll assign starting units tomorrow night and send out the game

I'll use the following order:

Calis - Byzantines
Knutis - England
Cyc - French
DenyD - Ottoman Empire

Could we get an overview of all players starting units?

I just want to know whether a change is necessary in case someone is going for some rush...

Top Bottom