1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Peaceful Domination

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MarigoldRan, Apr 20, 2019.

1. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Won CV. First time ever. CV movie not as good as hoped.

Conquered 2 civs with culture. But Mansa Musa's cities were impossible to take.

2. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

You were lucky to have no Dido / Statue of Liberty in your game.

3. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

Even if Dido, you can still win domination if someone conquers her capital for you (SoL you can build yourself to prevent that).

Mind you, yeah... this strat means you avoid slotting any tourism cards, avoid meeting civs until as late as possible, and avoid flight as a research tech. Need to completely absorb a few civs to get rid of their tourists too.

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Hmm, I could have swore Firaxis said they do not count when playing them during the pre release live streams. I believe someone asked that question and they said no. I admit I have never tried it, I assumed Firaxis would be correct in describing their game mechanics. :) No wonder I struggle to flip cities with Eleanor. This makes things easier, artifacts are pretty easy to get. Though you are limited to 3 per city.

5. Kwami

Kwami Warlord

I remember them answering in the affirmative when that question was asked. I guess someone should go find the video? I can't watch when I'm at work. :(

Meluhhan likes this.
  6. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Is it just me that now wants to know what the original thread title was?

7. Arent11

Arent11 Chieftain

Well, I do know, so I don't need to wonder :)

8. MarigoldRan

MarigoldRan WARLORD

Ha ha ha ha ha!

CPWimmer likes this.
  9. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

PM me please and tell me. :p

CPWimmer likes this.
  10. CPWimmer

CPWimmer Chieftain

Yeah, this is what happened to me when I tried it. I knew I was supposed to, but just forgot to disable it when I actually started the game. I only managed to take over about half the world before I won via Culture. There are some players who will sell/gift Great Works to avoid this, but it's too much micromanaging for my taste.

Entertainment districts help get the ball rolling. You will also want to promote Reyna to rush buy theater districts in your new border cities, to account for those uncultured swine that didn't build them in advance for your use later. Spies help as well, both for neutralizing opposing governors and directly reducing loyalty.