performance issues?

andyo

Prince
Hi,
I've been trying to play this on my laptop. I know this question will sound dumb without knowing the specs of my laptop off the top of my head, but it is a circa 6 month old higher end gateway, which is pretty loaded. I've never had a performance issue on any other game, and to be honest have really never worried about specs when getting a new game. But with railroads, the game is so choppy, with all the graphics levels turned down low, clouds off, tress off, levels dropped to bottem on all graphics. I have played civ 4 huge worlds without a problem, and I heard it was the same engine, so figured it would be no problem. Anyone else having a problem, or any quick fixes to make it run smoother?

OK, these are the specs of my laptop
where is it going wrong?
and what can I do to improve performance in game?

Processor Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology with Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750
(2 MB L2 Cache | 1.86 GHz | 533 MHz FSB)
Chipset Intel® 915GM
Screen 15.4-inch Widescreen Ultrabright TFT WXGA
Memory 1024 MB DDR2 (2 x 512 MB) SODIMM
Expandable to 2 GB
Video Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900
Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) supports up to 128 MB shared video memory
Audio AC '97 2.3 Compliant Audio
Built-in Speakers
Ear buds and y-cable
Hard Drive 100 GB HDD (4200 RPM)
Optical Drive DVD +/- RW Multi-Format Double LayerB Write maximum: 8X DVD +/-R, 4X DVD +/- RW, 2.4X DVD+R DL, 24X CD-R and 10X CD-RW disks
Reads maximum: 8X DVD-ROM, 8X DL/+RW, 24X CD-ROM disks
Media Reader 4-in-1 Digital Media Manager
Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick-Pro, and MMC
Modem 56K ITU V.90 Fax/Modem
Network Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN 802.11g
SecureEasySetup™
10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN
Pointing Device Touchpad with Vertical Scroll Zone
PCMCIA 1 - Type I or Type II; Card Bus
Interfaces 4 - USB 2.0 Ports
1 - VGA External Connector
1 - IEEE 1394 port
1 - S-Video External Connector
1 - RJ11
1 - RJ45
Microphone In
Headphone / Audio Out

Battery 8-cell Lithium-ion
Dimensions 1.40-inches H x 14.09-inches W x 10.39-inches D
Weight 6.43 pounds

It's funny, I can run Sid Meier's Pirates! smoothly on my pc and it way below the minimum requirements and not Railroads!???? Because of some dumb software that decides wether I can run the game or not?

well its your built-in graphics card thats holding you back... next time you buy a laptop make sure to get one of the intergrated Nvidia or ATI cards... not really much ya can do at this point...

the game is a real graphics hog... i have had to turn down some of the graphics even though i use a NVidia 6800 Ultra with 256megs ram on it...

Top Bottom