Pericles in multiplayer.

AsparustheSaiyan

Chieftain
So Pericles' Greece has received some praise since gathering storm. So much so that some put him into the god tier as far as single player is concerned.

I just wanted to find out if that same praise translated into multiplayer?

Thanks.

Pericles has always been a top MP choice, but Gorgo with the culture for kills was ranked higher. Now with the city states being a bit more durable, and in many cases so poorly placed to be worth conquering, I see Pericles taken more over Gorgo. Many now realize how valuable culture is, and Pericles is one of the best culture generators around.

Wow. He's really that good huh? I wonder who the better civ is in multiplayer then between Russia and Pericles. On the one hand as you said pericles is a cultural monster. Hoplites are worth a lot more now too since the resource requirement came in.

On the other hand with Russia generating faith and getting a religion first is so easy is not funny. Getting the extra territory is amazing and Cossacks are super powerful. Lavra's producing GWAM's early cuts others off from a culture victory too.

May I ask what you think?

Wow. He's really that good huh? I wonder who the better civ is in multiplayer then between Russia and Pericles. On the one hand as you said pericles is a cultural monster. Hoplites are worth a lot more now too since the resource requirement came in.

On the other hand with Russia generating faith and getting a religion first is so easy is not funny. Getting the extra territory is amazing and Cossacks are super powerful. Lavra's producing GWAM's early cuts others off from a culture victory too.

May I ask what you think?

Russia is more versatile. But Pericles has some good starting bias he often start with mountains around(at least for me).

For pure culture game Pericles wins hands down if he can get 1 or 2 cultural cs. Couple this with a cultural focused religion, if you can. I reached over 150 cpt in a game recently around the turn 50-55.

Generally, civs having tools for a classical golden age with faith generators are quite good. So are Russia and Pericles.

Top Bottom