[BTS] Permission to distribute a modified Better BUG AI version?

Kjotleik

Kjotleik
Hello.

I was informed this question should be asked in this forum (Better AI).

This is my Better BUG AI details:
Spoiler My Better BUG AI :

MyBUG-BULL.jpg

I am using this as a base for me adding in a lot of civilizations and leaders that I've found on the forums throughout the years. I am building my own non-modular Better BUG AI vK.

Can I have the permission to distribute this version?

As it is right now, it is still very much a work-in-progress. There are an unknown quantity of errors.

What I would like is to get permission to distribute this work-in-progress, to allow for testing and reporting of errors. Also, I would like permission to distribute a finished version. When I get far enough into the project that I consider it done.

I know that normally when it comes to modding, these kinds of permissions are not usually required. However, since I am using the complete work of someone else, building upon it, I think I need it.

One last thing: Is there a text somewhere that I need to include in a credits-file?

If there is one project-lead that I should direct message, please let me know who that person is.

Sincerely
Kjotleik

hey,

the original creators of bbai is long gone.
most modders on fanatics use this as a basis.

so you cam use it.

but,
i must say,
bbai is old and outdated.
kmod mod, have extended the ai to new heights , based of of this bbai of course.
i highly recommend to use kmod.

if you want an even better better better ai, use advanced civ mid - which is bbai --> kmod --> adv civ .

good luck.

Thanks, keldath.

I'll probably release a work-in-progress version, then.

K-Mod is good. However, it changes civics, traits, units and buildings. In addition to the AI. What I want here is a better AI, but with as few changes to these other factors as possible. Better BUG AI seemed the best choice at the time I started.

Also, I don't remember if K-Mod has the AI Autoplay function, or not. That was the most important factor in me deciding to go for Better BUG AI instead of the base game BTS 3.19.

Advanced Civ is unknown to me. I cannot see it here on the forums, either. I see threads for K-Mod, Better AI, BUG/BULL/BAT and a lot of others. Nothing for Advanced Civ, so that must be hidden somewhere.

Once I have added the civs/leaders I want to Better BUG AI, I'll look into how easy it would be to make this work with K-Mod. If it only requires copying of files, it won't take long. But if it requires a lot of XML-changes, it will take a long time. And I will try to locate Advanced Civ, to see what that is all about.

hi,

AI Autoplay - its in all of them.

i understand the merge issues with k or advc,
but its worth while. the level of AI fixes over bbai 102, is numerous.

Thank you. Then I will for sure take a look at it.

I am still using Better BUG AI vK (my version) for my AI vs AI league that I will run next year. But If I ever decide to make a season two, K-Mod with Advanced Civ is something I will be looking into using.

Old thread I know, but I would also encourage a better AI system that does not touch core gameplay at all!
I saw the AI do the following in the neoteric world mod which uses better AI:

Alexander is building an aqueduct despite having 17 health to only 7 unhealthiness
Civ4ScreenShot0055.JPG

Top Bottom