PH S21E02: There is a Title

I hope you won't become like your father!

upload_2021-12-29_21-55-7.png

If the future is north, then obviously a road is required!

upload_2021-12-29_22-18-51.png

Who's being raided now, uh??

upload_2021-12-29_22-21-56.png

Well
upload_2021-12-29_22-25-40.png

free option seems obvious hehe

I guess it's time for him to turn back

upload_2021-12-29_22-27-46.png

Let's get a bit more orders!
upload_2021-12-29_22-34-52.png

We'll soon have Gems in abundance!
upload_2021-12-29_22-59-59.png

Spreading religion

upload_2021-12-29_23-0-21.png

Better neighbors!
upload_2021-12-29_23-9-14.png

upload_2021-12-29_23-9-43.png

Wait, what? Scouts can go into the territory of other nations even if they're just "truce"? I thought that was restricted to "peace". Is this new, or have I been missing out on a whole bunch of spying, I mean scouting, opportunities in all my other games?

Schemer leader: scouts are always invisible => side effect?

i lean towards forestry b/c this game has made me perpetually in fear of not having enough, ahem, wood.

He's old enough to die on his own, I guess.

upload_2021-12-29_23-11-46.png

Was it waiting for us for a long time?

upload_2021-12-29_23-12-1.png

A Wonder is coming...

upload_2021-12-29_23-15-5.png

Does the tutorial help me by giving more bonus?
upload_2021-12-29_23-17-3.png

While we prepare for Danes conquest, the Vandals raid us again! We definitely need boats to shut them up once and for all.
upload_2021-12-29_23-48-44.png

Oh, what an horror!!!!! A new religion appeared in our empire!!!! That is too much for me. Time to pass to someone else.

Turn 42 attached

Attachments

• EgyptTurn42.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
phew, great turns everyone! i see it, but will most likely play and post a report saturday morning given NYE.

we have this army, should we just keep letting it "explore" our neighbors' lands after the danes are done in?

okay, first off, happy new year! :woohoo:

now, back to business . . .

Year 42:

I keep judaism despite chirsitanity also being founded in our civ.

An event for our prince:

I also noticed that that's our nephew as the head of the Ramessides, so that's nice. And, I went ahead and disabled my tutorial events. It already seems like we're ahead of the game so far so i don't think we need anymore legs up. (or is leg ups?)

Year 43:

Finish our amibtion so we're now 3/10. I picked an ambition to have four stonecutters since we've got 1 already, adn we do love stone.

I also sent one of the workers near the Danelaw back towards our civ to improve Par-Medjed; i left the other to finish the road nw. I decide that we should take adn settle the city site at the end of the mountain pass to secure ourselves from more danish incursions later.

I also assigned a general to one of our slingers down to the SE, and declared war up north on the Danes. Figure we take the mt camp site, settle and defend there while we clean up the peninsula here. In that vein, waset starts a settler.

Year 44:

I went wityh Admin mostly as it was 1 turn adn to unlock granaries. Also, our son and heir, Inet, got the Work of Art event. But we have no money so he's now Estranged from us. :(

I also noticed a settler being built in Par-Medjed as well. I cancelled that, and put in a warrior. We do need settlers, but we have cities that are more established that can build workers and settlers much faster, esp our capital: it's full of those green heads :lol:

Year 45:

And Inet is now enducated after we told him no all those years. I select him to be a Builder since it'll help the empire when he's king, he can be a governor for us while he waits or chancellor, both of which will be helpful to us.

This was the year we cleared teh mt campsite, and set up our merc's there.

Year 46:
Our husband is ill, and the Greeks found us. No War, please, and thank you. We got the Matchmaker event with the Vandals to make peace, but I denied them. Our worker finishes a garrison at Waset, so I appoint a governor there, and anywhere else we could.

We also got a Mistophoria. (Actually, it's the newer Mistophoria 3000x, but...).

Year 47:

Free influence mission on one of the heads of houses; i took it of course.

I also noticed that more of the Danish campsties are turning into encampments.

Year 48:

Convert to Zoro? Heck no! Esp not after this:

I used our Jewish disciple to establish Revelation theology. It's been tough with the amount of orders we have attacking, moving and working at the homefront with our workers, so I opted for teh one that would grant us more orders (which, i think, will help if we want more smashy-smashy later).

Year 49:

I took another Danish site, and got this:

Good thing i got that extra food then.

And a chariot found this to our east:

A free city site :D

And one more hut:

Year 50:

I mean, they're Jewish. They're ready to fight. Are they the Popular Front?

Here's Herwer:

A second Amarna city to balance things out here.

Sorry, my notes get illegible at the end here. After I took that other Danish city site, I then retreated back to our borders to heal. Our army could use a turn or two healing and promoting, maybe assigning a general or two to some higher promoted units, and getting ready to storm their more upgraded encampments to our East.

Also, note the chariot to our west on guard/sentry duty.

I left the tech open as I'm not exactly sure what we need ath the moment so we can all chime in here.

Reactions: PiR
I can see arguments for all of them, with, i think, the weakest one being for Land Consolidation. The spearman would be nice, but we're not facing any horses or chariots yet. another chariot is nice, but 4 years? A scholar could educate or govern? or chancel?

Roster
pholkhero >> just played
Ozbenno >>UP NOW
jguy100 >> on deck
PiR >>

Attachments

• EgyptTurn50.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
I went wityh Admin mostly as it was 1 turn adn to unlock granaries. Also, our son and heir, Inet, got the Work of Art event. But we have no money so he's now Estranged from us. :(

You can sell resources to get money before choosing the option of the event :)
You could also imprison the crazy Thutmose :lol:

+1 to researching one of the freebies. Hard to pass up such a bargain!

I mean, they're Jewish. They're ready to fight. Are they the Popular Front?
Looking at the screenshot, I’d say they converted Goliath. That guy is huge!

How dare Greece have more points than us. They should know their place - beneath us. Just like Babylon. They sure know what they’re doing. What a good loyal dog they are.

How much Danish land is left? Are we remembering to camp soldiers on the city sites until our settlers arrive, so our spoils can’t be re-plundered?

How much Danish land is left? Are we remembering to camp soldiers on the city sites until our settlers arrive, so our spoils can’t be re-plundered?
yup :nod: we actually should probably send our militia we have out that way to free up "real" units. The danes have a couple sites to our east (both encampments) and at least 2 or 3 to our west, through the mountain pass. So maybe liberate the peninsula and peace out?

Maybe we can set up a long term goal for tech, so that it's easier to choose each time.
yeah, if this was in the middle of my set, I wouldn't pause and post and ask for input; i don't think the decision is that crucial or important. It was a nice stopping point, and makes for a good discussion for us (and maybe other lurkers). I don't expect us to come to an agreement or anything; just put in our 2 cents and let Oz screw it up make a decision for us. the tech draws make it a little tougher to specific tech goals per se, but I think having general ideas and then letting each player decide seems to work so far. maybe it (the random tech draws) even works better for an SG to let everyone get in their input every once in a while, keep us all engaged :D

Last edited:
yup :nod: we actually should probably send our militia we have out that way to free up "real" units.
Militia or even a scout, yes definitely!

The danes have a couple sites to our east (both encampments) and at least 2 or 3 to our west, through the mountain pass. So maybe liberate the peninsula and peace out?
But taking all their sites, we might be able to enclave the Carthaginians. :drool:

Picture the scene, the dingy offices of the Egyptian People's Front, the ringleaders all gathered around for their monthly meeting.

Reg: Men of the Egyptian People's Front, I, Reg, call...
Stan: And women
Reg: What?
Stan: Any Anti-Imperialist group like ours must reflect a divergence of interests within its power-base
Francis: Agreed
Reg: Right, OK then men and women of the Egyptian People's Front, I, Reg, call the first meeting of the Year 51 to order. I draw your attention to Item 4: Attainment of world supremacy within the next fifty years. Uh, Francis, you've been doing some work on this.
Francis: Yes, Reg I have. Obviously it starts with the bloody Romans and their pagan gods, I ...
Stan: Don't get me going on about the bloody Romans and their pagan gods
Reg: Why not Stan?
Stan: Um, what?
Reg: Surely it is every man's right...
Stan: Or women's
Reg: Surely it is every man or women's right to go on about the bloody Romans and their pagan gods if they want. I move an immediate motion that Stan is given the floor to go on about the bloody Romans and their pagan gods. All in favour?
All: Yes!
Stan: Um, well I really hate them.
Reg: Is that it?

<The door flies open and Judith runs in>

Judith: It's happened, it's actually happened. Praise be to the Holy Gourd!
All: What
Judith: This

Judith: They have joined our holy struggle!

<pause as the enormity of this sinks in>

Reg: Well what do we do now????

And in other news....

We got our new scholar in 1 turn not 2

Unfortunately that meant that I had to choose something new straight away. Aristocracy it is. Sounds posh.

No idea about this one so did nothing. Side pony tails should be a crime though.

Our new science dude is converted

So many choices, so little understanding

These seem important so will stop here to let jguy make better decisions

The Danish city is being attacked and the support unit should fall next turn. There are more on the way to the other Danish city as well.

Attachments

• EgyptTurn53.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
I've got the save, will play after we generate a little discussion.

Vassalization is preferred by the Ramstein family, but they already like us a lot. And we already have a lot of resources, so the minor consumption bump will be unnoticeable. Centralization on the other hand gives us more Civics (which we're low on) and Science (which we can never have enough of). So Centralization gets my vote.

I'm happy to see Judaism spreading far and wide. Anything more we can do with this since it's getting popular?

Our leader looks like she's already been mummified. And side pony tail is our heir :( Maybe we should arrange a little accident for him? But there's not really a good heir alternative either. A bunch of toddlers, and our insane brother. We might have to just put up with side pony tail...
upload_2022-1-3_8-41-38.png

Vassalization is preferred by the Ramstein family, but they already like us a lot. And we already have a lot of resources, so the minor consumption bump will be unnoticeable. Centralization on the other hand gives us more Civics (which we're low on) and Science (which we can never have enough of). So Centralization gets my vote.
Ok you convinced me!

Maybe we should arrange a little accident for him?
I think she's almost dead anyway... Just wait a bit

Picture the scene, the dingy offices of the Egyptian People's Front, the ringleaders . . .
You say Ringleaders, I say, Distinguished Gentlemen (and Women) of the Operational Committee, Executive Members.

Centralization on the other hand gives us more Civics (which we're low on) and Science (which we can never have enough of). So Centralization gets my vote.

I'm happy to see Judaism spreading far and wide. Anything more we can do with this since it's getting popular?
teh only argument for vassalage would be for unit maintenance concerns; that was my thought. But, the huge bonus to our capital is too nice to ignore.

also, i think we're all ok w you making mistakes, too, w your picks. What better way to learn from your messes than watching someone else clean them up after you pass the save? :lol:

what's that? that's how I play, you say . . .

Top Bottom