PH03: Happy Little Wonderland

it will be with the "honorable" ruleset from RB, with a few modifications.

and, when it opens, i'll do it in the evening (morning for you aussies) ~

You might consider running it under the (Warlords?) HOF mod. Not that we're going to submit it or anything, but I think the improvements to the Domestic and Foreign advisors are great, I really like the built-in alerts, and it has the complete autologger available, too. Heck...the save files are even smaller. And it won't interfere with anyone's stock setup, of course. I run all my SP games that way just for convenience.

Oh...and in case it's not clear, I'm planning to sign up, if I get there in time. :)

Zophos said:
You might consider running it under the (Warlords?) HOF mod. Not that we're going to submit it or anything, but I think the improvements to the Domestic and Foreign advisors are great, I really like the built-in alerts, and it has the complete autologger available, too. Heck...the save files are even smaller. And it won't interfere with anyone's stock setup, of course. I run all my SP games that way just for convenience.

Oh...and in case it's not clear, I'm planning to sign up, if I get there in time. :)

Blech, blech, and ...wait a minute, where's that vomit smiley? That altered advisors crap is the worst bit of nonsence ever. And the alerts just muddy everything up. You use it if you want. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that (just put all that junk in your custom assets directory), but please don't make me use it too.

A Grumpy Luddite said:
You use it if you want. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that (just put all that junk in your custom assets directory), but please don't make me use it too.

The beauty of the HOF mod is that you can switch off any of the changes that are included, independent of the others. They've added about three panes to the Options dialog to control it all. Don't want the new Domestic Advisor? Uncheck the box, and bask in unmodified reporting. Prefer living in ignorance? Turn off the alerts. Etc. You don't have to reload or anything.

That said, I can understand if folks want to keep everything vanilla, and I have no objection. Using the mod was just a suggestion, 'cuz I find it so useful (and easy).

I'll tinker with dropping everything into the CustomAssets folder, but I suspect it won't be that easy, because something in the Python depends on code changes in the HOF DLL. I know the save files are incompatible (HOF compresses them, or something). Might be fun to find out, though...

Well, I'll wait for the Warlords Version of Ruff's Cobbled SG Mod. That's the only Mod I'll ever use (apart from rex's notetaker of course :) ) - it's excellent ! That said - ruff, finish that damn thing !

Top Bottom