PH13: The Book and the Hammer

r_rolo1 said:
To the next player: we have some arties in queue and 2 engineers in Paris to rush CR. AC is willing to trade Rocketry, but wants too much for it ..... we can get it in 6 turns anyway. Have fun smashing AC
That would be me. As there will be lots of :beer: tonight, I'll probabely play on sunday, depending on my state tomorrow.

I don't think we'll need rocketry that soon. So attacking AC before sury/toku? Fine with me, should be doable though I'd prefer to have AC lose his units against sury first.

AC does not have so much of units.... by my accounts he should have 30-35 infantries , most of them garrisons, 15-20 cavs, some SAM, 1 or 2 anti tanks ( I saw them in Rome ).... nothing serious compared with us. My only concern is if the ..... decides to sissy and go vassal. Not that we can't handle with Sury....

We need Rocketry. if you didn't noticed we're in the XX century already... and with our fast research :lol: we still need to get all the SS techs ( if we smash AC the internet will be of no use for us, so we need to self research all of the SS techs ). We need to start working on the SS techs now...

We should consider switching to SP soon enough ( after CR maybe? )

Roster
Pholkhero (on deck) Not sure what to do here if our host stays AWOL.
Quotey
Kodii
R_rolo
LKendter
Mystyfly (currently playing)

Welp, what's the best tech path to space?

The internet would have been a fantastic idea, but I guess another point of this game would be to see how researching would work like this. It does, if you can smash everyone.

Welp, what's the best tech path to space?

The internet would have been a fantastic idea, but I guess another point of this game would be to see how researching would work like this. It does, if you can smash everyone.
Dunno I rarely persue AC. I went plastics next for 3GD. Intenet is a waste of hammers as the only AI still teching atm are AC and sury and they won't last long so...

BTW Played abt 6 turns yet, broke AC's back and am about to clean up the rest of rome. Am I to prepare to attack sury or can that wait? Turns are taking ages and AC really put up a fight. Will do more turns tomorrow, I'm too tired to continue.

Make sure that Rome is no more..... or that it won't vassalize to Sury. Not that we can't handle Sury, but we could easily lose paris if we got a unexpected DoW from Sury.....

About SS win tech path... my opinion is here... just to not write it again.

r_rolo1 said:
Make sure that Rome is no more..... or that it won't vassalize to Sury. Not that we can't handle Sury, but we could easily lose paris if we got a unexpected DoW from Sury.....
I think I managed to get us a 100% safe situation before DOW: bribed sury vs liz (so AC doesn't bribe him vs us. I know, he's friendly and we're power#1 but you never know :p) and let AC close borders with sury so our reinforcements early are safe, he can't attack cities like paris (with unit he's had somewhere up north) and I don't have to garrison captured-but-non-border-cities-anymore so heavily.
BTW I also used one of the GEs for a GA to switch to SP and FR (OR costs huge amounts of upkeep... Also these increase beakers slightly and commerce considerabely (to be converted into gold (no merc specs) for artillery upgrades)). I'll play 11 turns total so the next player can switch civics again if desired.

Played 13 turns, 1903AD - 1916AD

IHT
Bribe sury vs. Lizzy

Use GE for a GAge

Rush Cristo Redentor

Demand 110g (toku)

Demand 270g (lizzy)

2 more deals with AC for our safety and to get some cash for upgrades

(AC's only oil is about to be hooked up (2t) and is unfortounately right on the borders so he's not gonna be able to build a single tank)

(1)
Rock 'n Roll finishes

Knock-knock

I also start: Plastics (3GD), Apollo Programme, Hospitals nearly everywhere ([alt] + [click on citybar] is your friend!)

Capture Yokohama (no oil for AC for sure)

(2)
Capture Estruscan after 2 turns of heavy fighting. Guess what's the units name that dies last? Some guy called Erwin Rommel... (I killed 40-50 units in there I believe)

Switch to State Property and Free Religion. Sury drops to pleased (so what?), our beakers stay about the same but gold increases which is welcome for upgrades (artillery are expensive)

(6)
Apollo Programme done

(8)
Capture Antium

Capture Neapolis

IBT
Sury captures London

(9)
Plastics > Satellites

Start 3GD in Essen (~3t left..)

IBT
Lizzy capitulates. So what?

(11)
Capture Rome. I first wanted to take a s/s of the goodies but I just couldn't fit all that stuff in one screen (5MI, 1GE, 1Priest, Academy, Mil Academy, SY, Kremlin, Hanging Gardens, SoL, GW, Cristo, AP, Aluminium inc, Creative constructions) :eek:

Wait.

Isn't the CR supposed to be in Paris? Holy cow I must've missed that message. Well that's nice, we now have cash AND the CR :D

(12)
Capture Arreticum

IBT
2 cities get their water poisioned in the last of rome's turn of the game

(13)
Satellites > Composites

Capture Cumae
Capture Ravenna

Rome is no more

Pop a GE (Dortmund)
Pop a GG (Delhi)

---

Switch civics if you want. But certainly not nessecary.

I started forming a panzer stack near the northen borders (ex-india). You might want to send the infantry there and use the panzers for fast punches agains the core city. Most units are in ex-rome.

We might want to switch most cities to wealth/research to speed things things up and to have less units to move around and less builds to click at the beginning of each turn. Or you let the cities build 'em infinitely and set up rally points.

Nothing like a good ol' backstab ;)

My only concern now is the slugh tech pace that we are having.... and some wacko Sury move ( this is Sury vs us now.... )

And I know that this one is already beaten in here, but....

Dude, where is your save? :lol: We only need one pholk around here ;)

Roster
Pholkhero (currently playing)
Quotey (on deck)
Kodii
R_rolo
LKendter
Mystyfly (just played)
Still owes a save

r_rolo1 said:
Dude, where is your save? We only need one pholk around here
I'm sorry. I can play again but posting reports is quite crappy. I had the save on a memorystick but forgot to upload. I'll post it asap.

My only concern now is the slugh tech pace that we are having.... and some wacko Sury move ( this is Sury vs us now.... )
What do you mean? Do you think sury having liz as a vassal is bad for us? boy she's no threat at all. My concern was avoiding sury being bribed vs us.

RE techs - I already mentionned that I don't know what order to tech lategame as I never persue space. So has quotey iirc btw so some advice would've been nice.

My worry with Sury is if he decides to be stupid and attack us ( we are the only free civ ... ). Not that we can't handle him, but.....

About tech race: Next Player, pls switch from Satelites to Superconductors. Labs will help with the research and will cut the prod for SS parts ( not that prod is a problem ;) ). Then Genetics ( for the :health: ) and Fusion beeline

the pholkhero hiatus

wow ~ you guys really seem to have the game well-in-hand at this point. obviously, i am NOT currently playing as, quite simply, i just can't. however, since it seems like mostly mop up, i'm not quite sure you need me much anymore anyway. i WILL be back in a month or two, so fear not ~ the ridiculously complicated and probably-unwinnable PH series will be back then, too! :D obviously, too, whether you stay 'in variant' at this point in entirely up to you.

ps. can you all forget teh saves in your reports in memoriam of me? ;) :)

Awaiting your return, pholk. Hope you can work everything out.

Got it.

pholklhero said:
ps. can you all forget teh saves in your reports in memoriam of me?
:salute: :lol:

On wrong computer for screens, but I only took 2 uninteresting ones.

Turn 0 (336)

I do adjust a lot of panzer builds into wealth/research and reduce Composites to 4 turns.

Decide to waste the GE on Hermitage in Kyoto.

GG builds a Millitary Academy in Essen (IW city- want to see how much gold I can gen per turn by building a Knight)

Turn 1 (337)

Remember ruff's advice and my own opinion and switch to Refrigeration. I always go to superconductors befroe space parts due to to labs. I might go back to composites before superconductors though. But we NEED supermarkets.

Turn 2 (338)

AP vote for returning Kyoto to toku.

It failed.

Turn 3 (339)

3GD completes.

Turn 4 (340)

Refrigeration -> Superconductors

Turn 7 (343)

Superconductors -> Fusion

Turn 9 (345)

We reduced our HPT at Essen by popping gold :rolleyes:

Turn 10 (346)

Fission -> Computers

Turn 11 (347)

GE born.

Turn 13 (349)

Bomputers -> Fibre Optics

Turn 15 (351)

If my calcs are correct we get 169gpt for buiding a worker in Essen. Awesome.

Actually, we MIGHT get even MORE for building a Guided missile.

Turn 16 (352)

Fibre Optics completes.

Oops, forgot the save. What a silly player I am.

Quotey (played)
Kodii (UP)
R_rolo (on deck)
LKendter
Mystyfly

Attachments

• PH13 AD-1932.CivBeyondSwordSave
    406.1 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom