Phoenatican Geographical Society

i changed my img's to url's.
but why dont u just turn off the display of images in you preferences? you then get a link instead of downloading the image.

Thx disorganizer. Can you edit the 2nd post so that the dates are right? Thanks for the tip too.

Any thoughts to get our map updated to reflect the shifts in territory power?

You do such a great job for us. Thanks.

cp: dates=done.

i hope someone comes up with the cut&past action for the worldmap someday. i hope i can do it, but this is a read load of work to do (taking about 15 screenshots and putting them together).

if someone could do a "mapping" utility to take a map out of a save (only know area of course. and maintain fog of war) then it would be perfect.

I uses paint shop pro and openened a 2000x2000 pic. then i put my screenshots in psp as new image and copied the part without the menu out. i then tried fitting the parts together in the 2000x2000 pic (dont forget to save in between! this is getting awful slow!)
and turn on the "grid" to make a) fitting shot together and b) drawing border lines easier.
good luck!

Dis, I used Microsoft Paint :D .

After five hours of copying and pasting, I have completed a new map for our grand nation. This is a large file, so rather than forcing you to load it here, you can view it by following the following link to the Civfanatics file server. I would ask that all mistakes I may have made be brought to my attention (not that I made any mistakes:lol: ).

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/phoenatica-1720ad.jpg

Thanks to Octavian X.
You are now officalliy a "surveyor of the PGS".
I updated the 1st post with you map.
Please keep up the good work on the next chat-turns.

If you have more spare-time, you could do a political map of phoenatica, an example we have in the ameri-map.

i uses paint-shop pro to have a good layer-engine.
this way, it was easy to change borders+names etc. also, if you cut&paste the geographical picture, and u used a seperate layer for the borders, you could just past the new geographical picture in as new layer, set it to 50% transparancy and then move the layer position to fit the old geographical data. then you could just delete the old geographical data and voila, you have the new geographical data with province borders ;-)

Well, i think it maybe needs some finetuning ;-)
Almightyjosh: you could always volunteer for making new maps. We still have surveyor-positions to be filled ;-P

You could for example make a political map of whole phoenatica (the whole world).
Next, our oldes province, istar. A polititcal map of istar would be fine (ameri is a good example).
No pop-art colors, just a plain political map with landmarks, cities, major roads and railroads.
then maybe normandy to finish up northern phoenatica
a review and rework of the ameri map would also be nice.
then we have plenty of other provinces without political maps ;-)

I want to make a political map of Asphinxia (big surprise), but I don't know what program to use. All I have is MS paint, and that was a dismal failure.
*everybody laughs* and says, "you can't use that silly!"
What CAN I use, and where do I get it??

I'll have to be updating the map already. It looks like province 10 was renamed Mohawkia. I'll change that soon.

Dis, the way I did the map was saving each of the screenshots I used in seperate files. Then, in on file, starting in the southwest corner, I put them all together edge by edge. On the political maps, I would be glad to try that, but I'd need to know the landnmarks from the governors.

The only landmark names i know are the ones documented in ameri political map and the ones documented in delphi maps.
You would have to ask the governors directly, but i think with the publishing of the maps they will start naming them... just draw the landmarks in without a name and be prepared to add them later.

josh: i use paint shop pro. but i dont know wheter ist freeware/shareware or what. i think you could also find some freeware to do this.

Very nice, Octavian. Keep up the good work! :)

Another idea octavian:
maybe draw the nations borderline on top of the province borders. this way we could easily determine the phoenatican borders, as province-borders may cross national borderline in our concept.

"so a black line shall be going around our nation to show our enemies where the edge of their influence is. nobody shall pass this line without legitimate allowance of phoenatican administration".

thanks for putting pgs as (c). we should maybe add a small "done ####AD by <name>" beneath or above it.

Top Bottom