Picking the next task

forty2j

King
I often find myself irritated by the next task CivBE chooses for me, after completing something. For example, I often get bounced to a worker or a trade route in the middle of resolving a conflict.

I'd like to see a rationalization of the selection of the next task. Here is how I would do it:
  1. First order of business should be affinity upgrades, as they can impact the current turn.
  2. Second order, I would think, would be virtues, as they could also impact the current turn.
  3. Then we get to units. Start with a military unit closest to an enemy unit. If you are not at war, start with the one furthest away.
  4. Continue through military units closest to the one most recently used.
  5. If I manually jump to another location / a different front of the war, my next choice should be military units closest to the one I selected.
  6. After all military units are exhausted, clickable victory wonders should be next.
  7. After those, all workers, starting with the furthest from the capital and continuing to closest to each one just used.
  8. After those, trade routes. Same order, start from the distance and then pick the next closest to the one just used.
  9. After those, all other noncombatants. (Earth settlers, etc.)
  10. Then, cities needing production. For consistency I'd probably start again with furthest from capital and then pick closest to that next.
  11. I'd finish with technology tree selection, as it's just planning for the future.

How would you do it?

[*]Continue through military units closest to the one most recently used.
[*]If I manually jump to another location / a different front of the war, my next choice should be military units closest to the one I selected.

Just these would make a big improvement. If I have 3 boats lined up to sink a Kraken, I don't want to suddenly jump to a worker on the other side of the map after the second boat fires. I want to finish what I'm doing and THEN decide about unrelated issues.

bouncing around has always been a problem with civ and I dont understand why it has not been dealt with by now. Indeed, closest unit next would be logical, or all civilian first then by military type (melee, range, sea, air).

Top Bottom