Pie AE K-MOD merge Project

im here, watching, be back soon.
When I told the German forum that you said anything, there is a real activity going on!

The thing is, that only Flunky is working on the project right now... and I'm just testing because I have no idea of coding. And other C++ guys are not available atm.

So, long story shot: It would be nice, if you could at least tell Flunky some tricks how to get along with that BUG-Python callback thing.
That would probably help us to continue... at our slow speed at least ;)

My biggest confusions right now:
- Why can't I select anything in the world builder? iData2 is always 0.
- Why do animals just sleep with Super Forts on and attack relentlessly with Super Forts off?

Why do animals just sleep with Super Forts on and attack relentlessly with Super Forts off?

Hi Flunky,

@brettschmitt told me you have problems with Wild Animals / Super Forts.
Did you adjust the UNIT AI for Wild Animals to be able to handle Super Forts?

How do you want Wild Animals to handle Super Forts actually?
What is their intended behaviour for gameplay when they encounter a Fort?

e.g. in WTP Wild Animals tend to simply avoid Forts becaue they would get killed too easily.
(Our Forts also have a "Free Bombard Attack Feature" in their "Zone of Control" depending on the "Improvement Upgrade Level of the Fort".)

I suggest to look into WTP source code considering Wild Animals and Super Forts.
(But we did not use Super Forts "out of the box" - to a huge degree it was customized / adapted for WTP / Civ4Col.)

Since I do not play / mod for Civ4BTS it is kind of hard for me to really help.
(I hardly know Civ4BTS gameplay anymore and I do also not know its source code details anymore.)

But if you post your UNIT AI code for Wild Animals - e.g. something like "doWildAnimalMove()" - other modders might check if they spot something.
(I suppose Civ4BTS has a specific UNIT AI for Wild Animals and does not use normal UNIT AI Offensive / UNIT AI Defensive.)

Otherwise you will need to start debugging. Since it is all in DLL debugging should be possible. (The Animals might be stopped from further moving e.g. in "canMoveInto".)
If there is a savegame where this is easily reproducable it should also be possible to analyze and solve by a DLL programmer for Civ4BTS.

---

But again:

Maybe check our code for Wild Animals or Super Forts. :thumbsup:
Several DLL-programmers have cooperated and improved it over the years.

You may find the solution in there already - since it works without issues.
Careful though because it is customized for WTP specific gameplay.

Last edited:
Top Bottom