Pirates

crazyewok

Warlord
Good mod but please tone the pirates down just abit! There spawning in the hundreds and takeing out frigates and ships of the line with ease!

I think I will upload the new version of DoaNE this weekend. I will try! But honestly, I forgot how it was in the 2.00 version. I changed pirates system, so you will be able to say me if it is better :).

Also how do I make guns and cannons as it wont seem to let me shift my production to them?

I think I will upload the new version of DoaNE this weekend. I will try! But honestly, I forgot how it was in the 2.00 version. I changed pirates system, so you will be able to say me if it is better :).

Any chance of this actually happening?

JosEPh :)

Also its needs gold deposits , missionarys and indentured servants as they are missing. Would be good if you added railways aswell for late game.

At the moment im building a huge 120 x 72 map of north and central america so the gold is rather important. When the maps done I give it to you to add to the mod.

Screen shot off my america map. Made it in normal mod so I have gold but can convert it when you add it.

Attachments

• america.jpg
    america.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 327
Hey M07 and Isabel are you guys still working on this mod?

Hi Ceer,
We have a big bug.

The mod eats resources and ram PC saturates, which crash the game
M07 sought, unsuccessfully, the reasons for the crash. He redid the code from the beginning to find out where the causes.

All this is long and I recall that M07 is a student and could not work on the mod throughout the year. And that's a shame because he had achieved a multitude of necessary improvements to the gameplay and committed an inevitable revision of the AI ​​is very bad in DoaNE.

Spoiler :
Salut Ceer,
Nous avons un gros bug. Le mod mange les ressources du PC en et la ram sature, ce qui crash le jeu.
M07 a recherché, en vain, les raisons de ce crash. Il refait le code depuis l'origine pour découvrir où se trouve les causes.

Tout ça est long et je rappelle que M07 est étudiant et n'a pas pu travailler sur le mod durant tout l'année. Et c'est dommage car il avait réalisé une multitude d'améliorations nécessaires au gameplay et engagé une inévitable révision de l'IA qui est très mauvaise dans DoaNE.

I'm waiting for news related to the memory leak problem; it makes no sense to continue with the mod until that problem is fixed, along some AI difficulties already noted.

I'm also considering to start from scratch and reduce the amount of features so at least all the code in Doane would not be lost.

Currently playing TAC and then I will try RaR; some ideas in mind and a few things I still don't like in COL could give some more reasons to do that. The naval battles, AI/handicaps/difficulty lev. & the game speed (too fast!) are still my main aims to improve.

I'm waiting for news related to the memory leak problem; it makes no sense to continue with the mod until that problem is fixed, along some AI difficulties already noted.

I'm also considering to start from scratch and reduce the amount of features so at least all the code in Doane would not be lost.

Currently playing TAC and then I will try RaR; some ideas in mind and a few things I still don't like in COL could give some more reasons to do that. The naval battles, AI/handicaps/difficulty lev. & the game speed (too fast!) are still my main aims to improve.
I thought that you could fix the memory issue with the MOD. I would love to see someday your new and improved Col.

Wow, that sounds like a massive amount of work.
But I wish you good luck with that. :thumbsup:

Currently playing TAC and then I will try RaR ...

Nice. :)

Hi guys,

I am currently working on Doane. I started from a source code of one year ago. So I cleaned a lot of functions and I don't have any memory leak henceforth.:woohoo:
It's not finished but this is progressing well.
I'll let you know of my progress.

I thought that you could fix the memory issue with the MOD. I would love to see someday your new and improved Col.

I simply have no idea where it is; M07 told me that it appeared before I joined the team so that gave us nothing to start from... the only way to "fix" it is by reverting all to a point where it was not present, that's what M07 is trying to do.

I am currently working on Doane. I started from a source code of one year ago. So I cleaned a lot of functions and I don't have any memory leak henceforth.
It's not finished but this is progressing well.
I'll let you know of my progress.
Great! Hope this goes well this time...

So Isabelxxx are you still interested in KROME as well as DoaNE? Kinda left me high and dry there.

JosEPh :(

Top Bottom