Pitboss will it work

jakswan

Chieftain
So far my Multiplayer experiance has been a little furstrating. I join a game to see that it's half way through, or it's set to slow turns, or eveyone just wants a war with everyone else.

Do you think the Pitboss will solve this problem, will you have a list of games that you just jump in and take a turn.

It's sounds like it could make a big differance but how will it work and will they fix the interface (I can stop the list refreshing ATM).

Number of issues you bring up.

The joining games in progress issue is a major problem for all players.
Players should always password protect their civ, this keeps other players from joining into a game they quit out of.

- Also the host can select "take over ai" on or off. Turning it off means if someoen elaves the game their civ is gone instead of the AI taking over. This unfortunately doesn't stop peopel from joining the game :( but will keep it from allowing another player to join a game in progress and start playing.

Hopefully there will be a patch that warns a player joining a game what turn they are on so that people are surprised by dropping into a game like that.

If you host a game you should password protect the room and have another player in the lobby telling ppl the pw. This is another issue a patch hopefully will fix, game hosts need access in some way to the main lobby while they are hosting a game to give pw info out. Or at least hte ability to pvt message ppl still.

OH YEAH, scrolling, use the arrow keys. It's a work around, the list goes crazy for everyone, don't use the mouse to scroll, use the arrow keys, it works better that way. A lot better.

Well if you join a game that shows the pilar icon you should know you are joining a game inprogress, and if you know you were not part of that game to start with why are you joining it? Games that are in the Staging room do not have the pilar icon. And yes it is very smart to pw your civ and for hosts to pw the games, noting is more frustrating than having players join that don't belong.

CS

CanuckSoldier said:
Well if you join a game that shows the pilar icon you should know you are joining a game inprogress, and if you know you were not part of that game to start with why are you joining it? Games that are in the Staging room do not have the pilar icon. And yes it is very smart to pw your civ and for hosts to pw the games, noting is more frustrating than having players join that don't belong.

CS

I think it's much better when people join games, then the situation when most players leave, and you can only play vs. AI. Having always human players i better then the few minutes you waste for the joiners. BTW I like jumping in to games in progress, because I am really borde of the ancient era.

Top Bottom