Pitboss

NYURDRMS

Chieftain
Has anybody setup or seen the new option for civ4, Pitboss? I read a lot about it before its release, but can't find anything about it now. Did this not make it?

Thanks,
Chad

Various threads regarding this feature in here. Term is either Pitboss or PTBS. In terms of what has happened to it - who knows, if anyone knows in here they are not saying. Back in October (maybe before) the devs confirmed that it would be with the game but not at release and was expected to appear in December. We're in December but not a whisper from anyone in the know :(

What will it do - again very little information regarding this, the hope from my perspective:

Allow pesistant MP games
Small footprint server
Simultaneous turns
Ability to email players on turn generation
Customisability regarding turn generation.

Most wanted feature of Civ IV from my perspective as pass the parcel pbem which is currently in is so slow to make anything over a few people not a runner.

Tals

I check civfanatics and civ4.com everyday hoping for news on the pit boss server :cry: It will be the best multiplayer mode of this game. I can't wait. :)

>- Unit cycling bug in PitBoss and HotSeat

so they have fixed a bug within pitboss..but yet it is no where to be found

I saw that too, and got excited as I was hoping to read they added it later in the document, but I didn't see anything else mentioned. I wonder if they forgot they didn't put it in the game?

I will email Fraxis now and post response, if I get one.

NYURDRMS said:
I saw that too, and got excited as I was hoping to read they added it later in the document, but I didn't see anything else mentioned. I wonder if they forgot they didn't put it in the game?

I will email Fraxis now and post response, if I get one.

Haha I did that same thing. I was all excited thinking it was in there. I am really looking forward to this feature and I hope it comes out soon. I think I will email them as well. The more people that email them the better I think

Cmonster

At least seeing a thing in the release notes mentioning pitboss makes me feel better about it coming out. I just wish they would give us a time frame.
Cmonster

[23:30] [Civ IV] Soren Johnson: PitBoss question... we've been working on it recently. It should be available soon, and the system specs for it are low since it's just a console app (it's not runnign any graphics or sound...)
That's good to know. :)

tals said:
The good news is that in the recent Dev chat they confirmed that a pitboss is in the works it was soon for release and would have low spec requirements having no graphics or audio.

http://www.bovineconspiracy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=930

Tals
[00:00] [Civ IV] Soren Johnson: Is a new Sim City in the works? Yes!
[00:01] [Civ IV] Soren Johnson: you heard it first here, folks!

Sweet. :D

;)

vbraun said:
[00:00] [Civ IV] Soren Johnson: Is a new Sim City in the works? Yes!
[00:01] [Civ IV] Soren Johnson: you heard it first here, folks!

Sweet. :D

;)

He said somewhere else that that was a joke.

i just hope it comes out before oblivion or i willnt get a chance to play with it for a while..

:>)

The resent post have shed more light on the subject and it looks promising. So sim city 5 truth or myth?

That answers that questiong thanks Tals.
Cmonster

I just got this email from Take2 about the Pitboss. I basically sent them an email asking if they knew when the pitboss feature would be coming out. This is the response that I got from Take2.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for contacting Take 2 Technical Support.

No one here at take 2 technical support has heard of this. Please can you provide any more information ie where you heard of the feature and exactaly what it is. maybe its somthing promised by the developers that we havn't been told about.

Please be sure to delete all previous correspondence when replying. This will help us to process your response in a more timely and efficient manner.

Kind Regards,
Take 2 Technical Support

Top Bottom