Planet Simulator

I was wondering if you could somehow put some more Algae, Coral and Petroleum in the oceans? (Or is resource placement outside map scripts? I don't know anything about it..)

I'm using the "By Land and Sea - Ocean Colonies" mod and any ocean city is pretty much starved till very late in the game, because I can't find a single place with more than 1-2 sea resources in the workable city radius.

Ocram here, requesting permission to use your map script as the basis for my own.

Differences: far fewer mountains, no crater mountains (marvel craters will be abundant), fewer hills, smaller and fewer deserts, smaller ice caps, less tundra (than other maps of the same warmth), smaller continents, more rivers, more lakes, more algae, more coast, less ocean (no trenches), new terrain types, new terrain features (forests), more metals, new strategic resources, less abundant Zenomass, on a new biome.

I might not use much of your code at all but I will see how everything works and fits together. My map script will be similar to Atlantean but I don't know where to start.

I have no plans for updates as I don't even play BE anymore (I went back to CiV) and I'm a little preoccupied to be messing with coding map scripts.

Resource generation is handled by the game's default placement procedures in this script (though it can be overridden).

And yes, any and all permissions are implicitly granted and I may even bother to check my PMs on occasion if you have any questions.

Top Bottom