Plans for DoC 1.17

Hey guys,
When do you think we're gonna have the 1.17 version? I just can't wait! I play Dawn of Civilization everyday, for the last four years!
LMK if I can help on anything
It's the best game ever indeed
Thank you Leoreth and your team for your work, it's amazing!

1. Do you reckon the code rewrite will have any impact on loading times? Once the bigger map is finished and playable I would assume the turn/load times are going to be even longer in the latter eras. Will the rewrite help this matter in any regard or is there some other plan to address that?

I have changed my PC to a brand new Ryzen 5 and the turns times are very fast. It's the main core a PC has that makes it faster, even faster than civ 5. However I think the map size is fine as is now. But it's very difficult to get the technologies from the 1970s and so on, lazer, computers, etc. I think humankind discovered so many techynologies between 1850 and 1950 that there's something to think on. The empire size -x and the japanese -x modernism helps, but maybe we have to increase the buildings production speed a bit?

PS: My old PC had 0.032 micron and the 9 years younger PC 0.007 micron

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Thanks Leoreth for your great work we've been enjoying all these years.... I have two questions... first of all, do you have any idea when the new version is gonna be available.... and also could you point some of the new topics it will content?

Not yet, but it's not that far off anymore. I will share more about my future plans when the release is getting closer.

I really cannot wait for 1.17.
I will start playing again with the new version.

Just a question: is 1.17 coming with a new revamped map and is it going to be bigger than 1.16?

Thank you Leoreth for your talent and committment.

Thank you! I also cannot wait to release 1.17. Even though it is not evident in recent weeks I am constantly working on it.

However, 1.17 will not include the new map.

Top Bottom