Platy World Builder beta testing

Guys, working with the new version of the WB is a torment. Scrolling through the alphabetical list takes 40% of the time. A very (very) help would be to group the elements not alphabetically, but by nature - for example, for a landscape - coasts, seas, oceans, near space, deep space, etc.

For the landscape earlier - all icons with tooltips occupied all 1/8 of the screen, now with a larger area I see only a couple of dozen, moreover, scattered across the list.

:(((

I get python error when trying to reveal map @Toffer90
ctrl+shift+alt+d for debug mode, then shift+z to reveal map.
At least it happens on Pits big scenario.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 320, in _handleConsumableEvent
  File "CvEventManager", line 435, in onKbdEvent
MemoryError

EDIT: This works but you need to set medium render quality and no high resolution textures.

Last edited:
I get python error when trying to reveal map @Toffer90
ctrl+shift+alt+d for debug mode, then shift+z to reveal map.
At least it happens on Pits big scenario.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BugEventManager", line 320, in _handleConsumableEvent
  File "CvEventManager", line 435, in onKbdEvent
MemoryError

EDIT: This works but you need to set medium render quality and no high resolution textures.
Ok, this is not really a python error as the memory error is happening when py is asking the dll to do something. Py reports it because the dll tells it that there was a memory problem as an answer to the dll call from python.
This is the line python says the error happened in "DLL.toggleDebugMode()". pits map may just be too big.

Ok, this is not really a python error as the memory error is happening when py is asking the dll to do something. Py reports it because the dll tells it that there was a memory problem as an answer to the dll call from python.
This is the line python says the error happened in "DLL.toggleDebugMode()". pits map may just be too big.
It worked after reducing graphical settings though.

He added space portion to latest one.
This increased size of map: 25984 tiles on V4.4
46400 tiles on V4.5
Reaching Nanotech era for space stuff is likely not possible on that map.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-and-svn-update-compatible-by-pit2015.552901/

Last edited:
Update to the SVN is on the way (rev. 11178).
It provides a full overhaul of the WB tech sub-screen.

Toggling techs will now be instant as it now just change the text color coding of the one tech clicked instead of redrawing all the interface from ground up.
Other similar optimizations make the screen more responsive in general.​
The future tech can now be given and removed, wasn't possible before due to its repeatable nature, it will display how many times the player has that tech as well.
It now use my python tooltip to speed up the tech-table drawing considerably, in addition to it being nicer than the exe tooltip overall.
The "No barbarians" toggle option has been changed to "Not NPC", and its coding has much less bugs related to the multiple NPC environment in C2C.
It may still be a bit rough aesthetically as I didn't put too much effort into the artistic side of it, just found something that worked and went with it.

EDIT: Oh, forgot something, clicking the tech icons in the table will take you to their pedia page, I think this is the first and only way to enter the pedia while using the world builder.

Last edited:
As of revision 11178, if you try to rename a city with the city editor, it will instead rename the human player's capital.

Hi

I am having problems with changing a Holy City in the WB. I see what I am supposed to do but there seems to be an issue..

Basically it seems a random or at least invisible choice to what religion you are adding a new Holy City to...has anybody successfully done this?​

Top Bottom