Play of the Save

Strider

In Retrospect
Basically, what actions are allowed inside of the game, and what is not? Also, is the player of the save (the DP) allowed to make to authoritarian decisions, or are they limited to the instructions posted by the government?

I believe ending a turn (unless your the DP for that turnchat), retiring (or surrendering), and using the worldbuilder mode would be simple "do nots" of the save. Is there anything else I'm not thinking of?

Also, here's acouple of "maybes" that we need to decide on:

Diplomatic Trades/Actions
Utilities
Civic/Religion Changes
Improvement switching

I beleve we should still stick with the golden rule of "Thou shall not make an irreversable move in the save".

I've played around with trades a bit, and it does not seem possible to haggle and find the actual best price without actually committing the trade itself. We don't have the advisor whispering "that should be acceptable" or "you're getting close". You try the trade and it's either accepted (and you don't know how much better you could have done) or it's rejected. Sure, you can approach them from the ludicrous side of every trade, but once you hit a good point, you're there and the trade is done already.

So, the rule needs to be you can do a trade or diplomacy action to find out what will be accepted, but you must reload in order to check the next trade action.

Second point:

Since this is early in Civ4's lifetime and we don't know what exploits might exist, I wonder if we need a rule which inspires caution, like "if it seems too good to be true, don't do it" coupled with implied leniency if a new exploit is discovered.

Top Bottom