Play With Me 2: Iroquois Zero-Culture ICS

Good read. Thanks! :goodjob:

Hmm, ill take a look at this mod :)

Thanks again for writing the stuff, it was very good read with bunch of useful insights for me.

Great read and game here, Alpaca !!

For those interested, last week I played a similar strat using Iroquois on my usual Immortal Small Pangaea map. Playing the vanilla game and using culture and my default Meritocracy for happiness, I had by far the most crushing easy win on a Immortal single land mass map for me.

Great War Path meant lots fewer roads to build. Also from reading here, I learned to be more aggressive when planning ICS, if the opportunity is there. To my east, both Sully and Liz didn't seem to be growing as fast as I'd seen civs do on Immortal, so I went conquering and puppeting and needed fewer road tiles to connect the eastern empire to my central capitol.

Iroquois, even a mini-ICS and great warpath is very strong.

.. thx .. neilkaz ..

Great read and game here, Alpaca !!

For those interested, last week I played a similar strat using Iroquois on my usual Immortal Small Pangaea map. Playing the vanilla game and using culture and my default Meritocracy for happiness, I had by far the most crushing easy win on a Immortal single land mass map for me.

Great War Path meant lots fewer roads to build. Also from reading here, I learned to be more aggressive when planning ICS, if the opportunity is there. To my east, both Sully and Liz didn't seem to be growing as fast as I'd seen civs do on Immortal, so I went conquering and puppeting and needed fewer road tiles to connect the eastern empire to my central capitol.

Iroquois, even a mini-ICS and great warpath is very strong.

.. thx .. neilkaz ..

Yes, ICS is an excellent enabler for the Great Warpath imo. So you have a very strong strategy that actually makes a mediocre UA great. The Longhouse also doesn't mind you grabbing a ton of otherwise hard-to-spread-to forest tiles. ICS doesn't seem to save as much money from tile maintenance as a few-city strategy but that is actually a misconception because you can grab tiles so much more easily.

Yes, ICS is an excellent enabler for the Great Warpath imo.
I might be very tempted to distort my ICS grid in order to put cities on non-forested tiles. (Just now I finished my "Ten Size Twenty" game and I'm deciding which civ I want to try next, and it may be coming down to the Babylonians or the Iroquois.)

If it still connects by culture via forest it's probably not a big loss. However even a small distortion causes a large loss of tiles unless you want to build monuments. Depends on the situation but I'm not saying it's generally a bad idea. I would definitely do it if it allows you to connect two patches of forest for free.

Top Bottom