Plea for more key bindings for the following actions

Stringer1313

Emperor
My old carpal tunnel hands would relish some more key bindings for the following actions, as I spent a lot of time on my mouse to do these things (player would have to customize of course, as there would probably be more key bindings than keys):

- The tabs along the upper right: characters, religion/family, foreign leaders, etc. (I click these very very frequently)

- key bindings for all worker build improvement actions -- or at least the natural resource ones, like mine, lumbermill, farm, etc. Right now, everytime I want to build a natural resource improvement, I have to scroll up the mouse wheel (it defaults to the bottom of the list) then click, which is tedious

- the heal action! (and while we're at it, promote and add general - can pull up list of options and then you can use the up down keyboard keys to pick which one)

- anything else?

There are already customisable keybindings for Heal and to switch between the upper right tabs (Previous Tab/City and Next Tab/City). Look in the Controls section of the Options.

+1
I would love to play the game with mostly keyboard.
Its rather difficulty mod coding to add new keys. However, there are some keys available from editor-mode, which I can repurpose to improvement building.

Which are the most common improvements?
- Mine, quarrel, farm and lumbermill?

Update my MOD "ps extra hotkeys" with hotkeys for common improvements:
- quarry, farm, mine, lumbermill, barracks, camp & nets
- Keys can be customized via the map editor keys.

Building the default building on top of a resource could definitely use a little help.
100% agree.
UnfortunateIy, I failed to figured out how the "recommendation"-pop-ups are called in game-code, else I d be happy to include a button in MOD for it.

Also hope extra keys will be added to base game sometime. I guess its a topic for after steamlaunch.

Other Idea:
- I could include a hotkey that builds a default depending on terrain - e.g.:
  • Ressource --> specific building (e.g. marble-quarry, ore-mine, horse-camp, ...)
  • Flat --> Farm
  • Hill --> Mine
  • Forrest --> Lumbermill
  • any other obvious?

Top Bottom