Please help me up my science game (R&F)

rk219

Chieftain
Hey! I've become a bit bored with Civ 6 (R&F) so I've been challenging myself to a quick science victory (emperor, continents, small map, standard speed).

I read through a few posts and learned a lot of good info from the likes of civtrader, victoria, lily, etc but on my 3rd try I'm still only achieving victory at around turn 250. I have a ways to go. The main post I was reading was pre-R&F unfortunately.

Basically I'm looking for a good youtube series but the ones I've seen are from pre-Rise and Fall. I was watching civtrader6 videos but I think they are mainly vanilla although his Mongolia R&F is enlightening but is for a domination victory (still though, much to learn).

Is this sort of victory achievable on any starting location? Does one need a really great 90th percentile kind of start? I've been trying to get my culture going early and getting PP by T50 but I hardly ever do that.

I guess I'm just having trouble balancing everything; getting culture up and going, getting my science districts placed, getting lots of builders (I use goddess of harvest whenever I can), commerical hubs, military to obtain as many early cities as I can, wonders (Pyramids), etc

My last game I was able to do a lot of chopping in the Medieval era when I had a golden age. I got quite a few libraries and universities chopped and with the faith I was buying more builders (and I used Magnus for these chops, so he was going from city to city). I bee lined space ports and got the two moon projects finished but found myself still having to wait a few dozen turns to get the remaining Mars project techs finished.

Things I've been working on; Goddess of Harvest, Pyramids, knocking out as many cities as I can, settling as many cities with I can with Magnus and that level 1 Govt Plaze building (can't remember name), a culture district or two, numerous commercial hubs, 10 traders or so, large and built up cities with farms and mines (so I can get Pop 10 cities for rationalism), getting as many eurekas and inspirations as possible, geting Royal Society and enough builders to finish projects asap (and keeping forests in my space port cities), chopping basically everything in my other cities....and in the last 50 turns or so basically all my cities are doing campus research projects and are set to prioritize science.

so yeah, at this point, I think I would benefit from watching someone progress along.

Thank you

I assume most fast finishes rely on taking over a fair number of AI cities, preferably with a few Campuses already built. You can also get faster times on the highest levels because you will get more gold in trades, and the cities you conquer will have more infrastructure.

No good SV GS streamers I know of.
It seems like you are at the finer point stage.
While GS has a longer length of science pillaging has seriously made up for it, even without mines.
Eurekas and inspirations are some of the finer points, shaving off turns here and there using these.
Good science turn rely on 2 science CS, harvest goddess and monumentality. Not having these slows it down.
Do you build Kilwa Kiwisami?
Another really big one nowadays is getting as many campi with +3 and populations to 10. The pop 10’s I really notice if I do not pursue.
Moving Magnus between spaceports is not the normal way. It would be moving Pingala... and ideally your spaceports have an encampment. Using the royal society builders with 7 charges is just fine as there is a natural science gap between pieces if you rushed a moon landing. Chopping the moon landing and the last rocket make sense.

Thanks so much for your responses.

I've seen much talk on Kilwa Kiwisami but haven't built yet. I wrote a list of a dozen or more pointers from previous threads and that is on it.

As for the space ports, I have been building 2 (purchasing if I can) and putting Pingala in one and Magnus in the other. Once I get Royal Society I have a line of builders ready to help out.

I haven't been building any encampments. Would this be for the +15% production with military academies (policy card)? I guess my culture lags enough that by the time I get that available I'm already using builders with Royal Society to finish it off. In fact, I never get Democracy until that culture boost with the Moon Landing (I do chop the Moon Landing so I can get Democracy sooner).

Anyways, I'm gonna re-read all your info again and I'll keep at it. I greatly appreciate your time.

Would this be for the +15% production with military academies (policy card)?
Integrated Space Cell (Space Race): +15% production toward Space Race projects if a city has either a Military Academy or a Seaport.
I never get Democracy until that culture boost with the Moon Landing
thats fine as long as you can get your royal society in time which normally there is and is why you chop in the moon landing.

Top Bottom