Please Nintendo!!

Perhaps you missed this news then?

Sony's PSP breaks sales records

[snip]More than 185,000 PSP's were sold in its first four days in UK shops.
Rival handheld, the Nintendo DS, sold 87,000 in its launch[/snip]

slozenger said:
Perhaps you missed this news then?

Sony's PSP breaks sales records

[snip]More than 185,000 PSP's were sold in its first four days in UK shops.
Rival handheld, the Nintendo DS, sold 87,000 in its launch[/snip]

That's from September 2005. The DS has recorded higher total sales, partly because the DS came out earlier then the PSP in the U.K. Also, this is just first few week sales. For instance, Spiderman 2 grossed more then Spiderman in the first week, but Spiderman grossed more overall.

ok - find me a reliable reference for total sales so far (not other forums posts)

Nope!

It is Nintendo which offered me my best gaming experience with one game named Zelda. To me, even Civilization is nothing compared with it. Only for that reason, I'll always be a Nintendo supporter. Furthermore, I've never been seduced by all those shoot-shoot-bang-bang games. As such, I could not careless of all those Playstations or other craps.

But anyway, I guess I don't play enough to video games to be considered as a marketing target.

Marla_Singer said:
It is Nintendo which offered me my best gaming experience with one game named Zelda. To me, even Civilization is nothing compared with it. Only for that reason, I'll always be a Nintendo supporter. Furthermore, I've never been seduced by all those shoot-shoot-bang-bang games. As such, I could not careless of all those Playstations or other craps.

But anyway, I guess I don't play enough to video games to be considered as a marketing target.

Yes, thank Zelda and Mario for where games are. And yes, Wind Waker was better then CIV IV. I hope Nintendo does get back on track with revolution, they started the game industry as we know it. Without the NES, are TV's would only be used for watching TV.

a lot of those are nintendo based sites- biased,
but i concede to the totalvideogamers ones.

BTW the CNN one has nothing to do with PSP!

slozenger said:
a lot of those are nintendo based sites- biased,
but i concede to the totalvideogamers ones.

BTW the CNN one has nothing to do with PSP!

Yeah, some of them I just did a quick scan. But the gamepro and egm ones you can trust to. Both are major magazines, unbiased towards any system.

I don't play console games anymore, I haven't had one since the Sega Saturn back in 95 or something (I know,worst Sega product ever!). I only play PC games now, but mostly on weekends, since I'm tied up at work the rest of the time.

I'm definitely getting the new Nintendo (Revolution) when it comes out. I really like their controller idea, although the stock one looks like crap. There will probably be third party controllers that would be better, such as a sword for certain games :).

blackheart said:
I'm definitely getting the new Nintendo (Revolution) when it comes out. I really like their controller idea, although the stock one looks like crap. There will probably be third party controllers that would be better, such as a sword for certain games :).

A sword for a Zelda game would be cool.

A civ 3 is wicked for the DS! That would be sweet. (I'm a personal fan of Nintendo:D) AOE2 for the DS is going to be a turned-based game isn't it? I think that's kinda like civ, but in a way not close. Civ3 for the DS is an excelent idea, except the main screen should be on the bottom where the touch screen is, and you use the arrows to do the menu and stuff.

And I think they are planning to make a Zelda game for DS. (That's what I heard)

I personally am PUMPED about the Nintendo Revolution.

I mean, if this thing really works intuitively for the player, the Revolution will officially be the TIGHTEST console ever for any sorta game.

Its a gamble though, either it will be a stroke of genius, or a flop.

conquer_dude said:
A civ 3 is wicked for the DS! That would be sweet. (I'm a personal fan of Nintendo:D) AOE2 for the DS is going to be a turned-based game isn't it? I think that's kinda like civ, but in a way not close. Civ3 for the DS is an excelent idea, except the main screen should be on the bottom where the touch screen is, and you use the arrows to do the menu and stuff.

And I think they are planning to make a Zelda game for DS. (That's what I heard)

Yep, AOE2 did come out as a turned base game. I've played it, and while it's a bit slow and complex, it's overall pretty good.

Dawgphood001 said:
I personally am PUMPED about the Nintendo Revolution.

I mean, if this thing really works intuitively for the player, the Revolution will officially be the TIGHTEST console ever for any sorta game.

Its a gamble though, either it will be a stroke of genius, or a flop.

I agree. The Revolution will be a hit or flop. It depends on consumers being willing to try something new, and game developer's wanting to try something new. Just think though, if Nintendo could broaden the gaming community to the young, old, and in between, I think we could call video games the top form of entertainment. I'm hoping the Revolution will break new ground like the NES did.

slozenger said:
*Firstly the PSP has absolutly trounced DS sales, by a long long way.

Since when? At my last count, the psp :devil: had a third of the sales that the DS :jesus: had.

tombeef said:
Yep, AOE2 did come out as a turned base game. I've played it, and while it's a bit slow and complex, it's overall pretty good.

I agree. The Revolution will be a hit or flop. It depends on consumers being willing to try something new, and game developer's wanting to try something new. Just think though, if Nintendo could broaden the gaming community to the young, old, and in between, I think we could call video games the top form of entertainment. I'm hoping the Revolution will break new ground like the NES did.
Like the sega saturn, it was either a folp or genius,it was a flop, noone was going to make games because it was to complex, nuff said

Top Bottom