• Exclusively multiplayer

• Predominately multiplayer

• 50/50

• Predominately singleplayer

• Exclusively singleplayer

Results are only viewable after voting.

saamohod

Deity
I'm actually curious how many people play VP in multiplayer.

I play hotseat multiplayer with my friends and fiancée, as until recently LAN MP was pretty unavailable. That’s why current MP development feels like a long-awaited dream came true.

The problem with this poll is that multiplayer was bugged for a long time and a lot of player stopped to play it. And it is more complicated to find and install a modpack than to use VP as a mod. So I guess the vast majority play sologame only for now, until multiplayer is fully fixed.

We used to have regular weekly Civ V MP nights with a group of friends but stopped a couple years ago when it started becoming unstable. Many including myself dropped off the forums as there wasn't much point if we couldn't play, so I echo Agiwan's comment.

Similarly, my 3 friends and I continued to play with a version from 2018 over the past years, so stopped being active on the forum as well. Excited to see if the newest version works well.

Ever since the new version came out, my friends and I have been playing a ton more multiplayer these days! Managed to even convince once to get Civ V off of the steam sale since they had gotten tired of Civ VI's micromanagement and found the AI changes VP made to be too enticing to want to pass up. I still play singleplayer on occasion, but there's something about a hybrid PvP/PvE game with generally smarter AI that feels a lot more fun. Especially when we can throw custom civs into the mix.

Top Bottom