Votes: 0 0.0%
  • East and ignore hut

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How about........ (please specify)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Jayne

Emperor
OK. The first of two exploration polls from me to begin with. The question is what to do with the chariot to the south east of Dellham.

The first option is do we pop the hut or not. My first intinct is to pop the hut and see what we get. If it is a barb, there are 2 legions near Dellham if required.

Once that is decided. Do we send him south or west?

Of course, you may think I'm totally missing the most obvious option, in which case, feel free to enlighten me!:D

Ok... this discussion is in its early days yet, but I like the idea of popping the hut and seeing what's there before moving on.

Originally posted by Jayne
Ok... this discussion is in its early days yet, but I like the idea of popping the hut and seeing what's there before moving on.

Exactly, so then it can move in the direction of the flat land. If its all flat then go south east.

I vote to Pop the hut, then South. We have the Legions if a problem develops. Heading South, it depends. 1) I feel the land ends, so the Chariot can circle around clockwise. But 2) if there is a choice between plains and forest, the forest may block our 2nd move, so I'd suggest SE to the plains we see. I think that's what Dell and Ren are getting at...

I say pop the hut, then South *in general*, leaving the specific movement up to our capable president to make use of the fastest terrain possible. basically I'd like to know where the coastline is, then it can circle back NW and explore the rest.

ARRGH!!! My brain vapor locked; I meant to vote "Pop and
move South" but hit "Pop and move East". I agree with
Gary's reasoning on this one.

I voted "other", being confused between the arrows westward, and the options, "east". I'd like to see the hut trampled, then a southeast gallop through the plains. We may as well stick to the coast, mapping well enough that a later unit needn't cleanup any meaningful dark spots.

This area is a great discovery! That hedge had me fooled.

Well done Sean! You get todays Gold Star!! You're quite right - I got east and west mixed up when I wrote the poll. I hope it's not caused too much confusion, and the map illustrates my intentions.:eek:

I want a gold star too! :(;)

Leo is absolutely right. We should give the President a general direction in this poll but he should make any on-the-spot decisions necessary with regard to this sort of thing. The job would be pretty dull if he had no autonomy whatsoever and just had to play a turn and then come back here for even more guidance. We should be playing a few at a time and then assessing the situation when important things happen. Like making contact, completing a build somewhere or coming to the end of the prescribed techs. Go civ1-addict! :goodjob:

Huts are quite big decisions though, especially when they are close to our cities and if its going to be risky although generally exploration only needs to follow a general direction.

Unless there's abig flourish of votes between now and tomorrow morning, it looks like the general opinion is to pop the hut, then make a decision to go west or south depending on what the newly revealed terrain is, but heading generally south.

President - your people have spoken!!!:D

Top Bottom