1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Favority Affinity.

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by aguliondew, Nov 1, 2014.

?

Which is your favorite affinity to play with?

1. Purity

48 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Harmony

35 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. Supremacy

56 vote(s)
    40.3%
  1. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

depends of who im playig with

2. Prophet Skeram

Prophet Skeram Chieftain

What I love the most about Supremecy is the lore behind it (if you actually read up on the lore of some of the Supremacy-specific buildings and leaf technologies in-game).

You can clearly see how it starts relatively "innocent", just by creating better and better A.I.s that start to create their own A.I.s etc. and then it goes through a phase of people connecting their minds through machinery to create new culture and technological breakthrough until you finally get to neural implants and augmentation - and it's all described very "rationally" and "neutral", not in a flat-out "let's become evil cyborgs for the lolz" cliché kind of way.

I also really love the victory screen that you get for the Supremacy victory (don't want to spoil it for people still wanting to find out on their own what it looks like).

3. Dellan

Dellan Warlord

I always go Harmony. I feel like the way to victory is shorter with Harmony. :D

4. Yzman

Yzman Deity

It really does seem like harmony is the easiest to get points in. Purity seems hardest.

5. blackchimes

blackchimes Chieftain

I play Purity. I like the concept the best and in general, "my" research agrees with getting Purity points.

That said, I actively avoid Floatstone because it's nearly worthless. All you get from Floatstone is some energy. Woop de doo, by the time I put down 3rd city I can forget energy exists alltogether. Floatstone becomes a wasted tile, worse than a hill not next to a river.

You could say that Floatstone is required for unique Purity units... but I get those just from leveling my regular units. I get super-infantry, a hovertank and artillery better than the LEV destroyer - all without spending a single Floatstone.

Now Xenomass... that is some good stuff.

6. Loucypher

Loucypher King

I mostly prefer Harmony. I like the lore behind it the most (Though I have to say they fleshed out all three really well), the aesthetics and being able to use Miasma to your advantage. Being able to effectively use Alien Godzilla doesn't hurt either.

7. Rellin

Rellin Norrathian Gnome

In the few games I played, I prefer Supremacy, but I choose based on the amount of resources available. I always get 1 Purity and 3 Supremacy and then go forward based on what is available. In the games I have played, I was forced to go Harmony more than once due to a lack of Floatstone or Firaxite.

8. KiNg_

KiNg_ Chieftain

Is it just me or is floatstone the most abundant resource?

9. Soffacet

Soffacet Warlord

Purity seems to have the best early stuff (OP explorer, Gene Garden, tech path straight to Vault/Pod wonders, Battlesuit, etc). They seem like they tail off later, though. And their win condition is annoying. Supremacy has the best science assuming proper terrain. Harmony is pretty balanced, has good culture, seemingly the most common resource, and the best defender's advantage if that ever becomes a factor. Voted Harmony.

10. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Well, my opinions are all over the place on this:

Lore and ethics wise, I prefer harmony.
    Unit upgrades wise I prefer Purity.
    Tech wise I prefer supremacy.

I usually end up with maxing supremacy plus level 6-8 harmony and purity, so I got some very nice final unit upgrade choices - +50 solidarity from harmony or +30% all the time from purity vs +40% attack or adjacent bonuses from supremacy for example.