Poll: Favority Affinity.

Which is your favorite affinity to play with?

• Purity

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • Harmony

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • Supremacy

Votes: 56 40.3%

• Total voters

aguliondew

Prince
When scouting for your first city do you ignore the nearby floatstones and forward expand to get that firaxite? Do you mass up an army to clear those 3 nest to get the prefect xenomass city? Now that the game has been out awhile which affinity do you like to play as the most?

I tend to play with whichever key resource is most abundant and accessible in the early game, but my preference is Supremacy.

I've actually ended up playing Purity more. Damn floatstone is everywhere.

The one I have resources for. :D

Note that Purity needs floatstone *and* titanium, so it requires more effort.

Still, whatever affinity I take, I would always make sure to get 3 levels of Supremacy for no road maintenance and feed-site hubs (for culture).

Also, at least 1 level of purity for exploration purposes.

I'll echo that the resources nearby (floatstone/xenomass/pyraxite) can nudge you one way or another, which I find to be a very satisfying design decision on the part of Firaxis.

I like Purity for invincible explorers and because I tend to like the tech path it travels. Also I find the decoupling of floatstone and titanium to mean I have more special resources leftover for units after paying for special buildings. I've also noticed a strange abundance of floatstone....

Supremacy for me. It has my favorite affinity buildings with the Optical Surgery, Augmentary and Hypercore being my top 3. I also very much like the military units. Redeemers are very dangerous with stacked flanking bonuses and the bonus vs injured. SABR once it upgrades for no setup needed is the best ranged unit in the game.

i like all the firaxite related buildings, bonuses and other stuff. I doubt i will play harmony any time soon.

I tend to pick my affinity based on the resources available, that said I do have a bias towards harmony, I just love their unique units.

I had one game where I had some Firaxite close to my capital so I started going Supremacy, but it turned out that there was a lot of Floatstone in several good city spots nearby. I stayed Supremacy and traded the Floatstone to my allies for more Firaxite. I went for a nice peaceful Contact Victory and everything was hunky-dory.

I agree that I will play with whatever units but I love LEV tanks and stuff. There is also something satisfying about capping enemy cities with Battlesuits when they go running in with the flag. So cool.

Atm I like Harmony the most because:
-> Nice tech path
-> Good for city growth
-> Cool units
-> I like the "bonus when solitary" perks
-> Least tedious (and probably fastest?) victory condition
-> Great Xenomass tile yield

Purity

Purity has the earliest affinity-based boost to health. If you tech correctly, you get very quickly to the Purity-level 2 buildings for health, and this lets me continue to rex OR go really tall without getting into the negative health range for a long time.

------

Supremacy is my 2nd choice because by level 3 in it your roads and mag-rails are free, which means you can construct long lines toward enemy capitals without paying a ton in maintenance. Also, the ANGEL is almost a one-man army, knocking cities down for whatever melee unit you have (usually the Armor-path unit) to actually take the city.

------

Harmony is 3rd. It is good only if I have a lot of tiles with Xenomass in them. Then, with Harmony, I can build a bunch of buildings that add yield to those tiles. But otherwise, Harmony is not that great, and alien aggression doesn't build up fast enough to care about it so much, nor is miasma that big a deal unless it just covers the tiles in my colony.

Supremacy for me, with my favorite quote so far:

Supremacy Level 18
"All previous versions of humanity will no longer be supported as of this update." - Registry Update 40000.b595135.omega

Awesome stuff! :D

Gameplay wise:

Probably Purity because of Gene Gardens and early growth, but all 3 are fairly well balanced and I'll happily go with whatever my start dictates. I think Supremacy is best if you have a lot of Firaxite nodes (as opposed to the other affinities when you have a lot of Floatstone/Xenomass), closely followed by Harmony, since the unique resource dependent buildings are so good. Also, it's a bit more awkward to get Terraforming to enable your Floatstone than Alien Sciences/Robotics. There's also the consideration that getting Robotics asap is great because Autoplants are overpowered (due to the extra trade route), which plays into Supremacy builds very well.

Flavour wise:
Supremacy not close. I love the look and feel of the military units and the general transhumanist ethos of it. Purity feels like you'd end up like the Imperium in WH40k or something and Harmony turns you into space hippies (though the monsters you can create are cool).

Supremacy.

Sending a single ANGEL into the Emancipation Gate every turn made me realize that i'm playing on the other side of Evangelion. :crazyeye:

Purity, has the best tech path, the best overall unique unit(the battlesuit, as its timing and power make single unt domination possible), best level one bonus. But mostly the best tech path, there tech path takes you to the gene vault(again, probably the best wonder in the game when you take into account timing and cost) and there quest line takes you to the ectogenesis pod anyway.

Also LEV tanks make late game warfare less time consuming.

Purity, has the best tech path, the best overall unique unit(the battlesuit, as its timing and power make single unt domination possible), best level one bonus. But mostly the best tech path, there tech path takes you to the gene vault(again, probably the best wonder in the game when you take into account timing and cost) and there quest line takes you to the ectogenesis pod anyway.

Also LEV tanks make late game warfare less time consuming.

This. It's actually annoying me. I like the idea of supremacy, and want to go down that road. But then there are so many good techs that give purity points as well: Vertical Farming for the awesome farms, Holomatrix satellite for +2 culture..per tile, Industrial Ecology for +1 production for even better farms.

Which ends with me wondering why not take purity as the dominant affinity anyway. :confused:

If anyone can tell me what I should shoot for in Supremacy to keep up with that, please let me know...

Top Bottom