• +2

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • +1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure if was mention, but bug from the previous expansion.

Grievances/warmongering penalties not being gain if defensive pact was triggered or emergency war was trigger.

Just while we’re on this topic.

I saw this mod on Steam. Link.

Basically, all the renewable powers come earlier, are a bit weaker as a result, but then get boosted by future techs or adjacency (eg windfarms on coasts and, geo thermals next to volcanos produce extra power ).

The mod even makes Offshore Windfarms require military engineers (if only offshore oil rigs did too).

Honestly. I just saw it an thought “why isn’t all this in the base game?”. Just makes total sense.

I really hope FXS are willing to really tweak mechanics in the patches. There’s just so much things could be done to really make the new content and mechanics really shine.

Honestly. I just saw it an thought “why isn’t all this in the base game?”. Just makes total sense.

It's IMHO they don't want players to have to Min Max to win. I think the idea that making it the player's choice to do so by downloading a mod is the correct one.

Units are generally pretty okay IMO given how their strength scales.
Buildings would need to be manually adjusted because they are all over the place.
Districts+Chops use the same modifier which is defined by an equation: Modifier = 1 + 9*(NumTechsResearched/MaxNumTechs). It'll use the higher ratio of your techs or civics. If you change the 9, it'll scale faster or slower. If you change the maximum tech number to something smaller (and put the whole statement inside a max(statement,your_max_modifier) you could make it stop sooner. There's like 59 techs in the game or something, let's say through the industrial era there's 35. You could change it to Modifier = max[6 , 1 + 5*(NumTechsResearched/35)]. and it would roughly scale the same as now but it would stop at the end of the industrial. There's a lot of wiggle room.

Would adjusting the Building yields by the same amount make sense? I would also like it if project yields were based on buildings but I don't know if that is currently possible.

Would adjusting the Building yields by the same amount make sense?
The problem with building yields is they mostly follow the same types of progressions:
+2/+3/+4 loosely.
The issue is that two buildings in separate district that do the same thing have wildly different costs.
For example, a Bank costs 255 but a university costs 225; yet a stock exchange only costs 355 when a research lab is 525.
It's the costs that are out of line with each other, not the yields.

I don't have the save with me but in my Egypt game (that I'm probably not going to finish) I killed 25+ barbarian camps before the renaissance. I should not have bothered because one would reopen THE VERY NEXT TURN about 2-4 squares away before I could even heal up. I eventually had to settle every available tile with crappy cities to make them stop, but by then (combined with an emergency where Russia attacked me, I took one city, then every civ I had met joined and declared on me) I was already way behind.

Now in my current came I can't even find a camp to kill to get the boost and respective city/state quests. This is definitely what needs fixed first. You can always just not pillage if you think pillaging is too strong.

Okay so after playing about halfway through my current Canada game... I'd heavily like them to add an option to trade resources per turn in diplomacy, just like how you can trade gold per turn. I've befriended everyone on the map since I'm trying to go for a diplomatic victory, and my tundra lands were stacked to the brim with iron so I've been selling it like crazy to everyone on the map all game, but it's hella tedious having to manually trade away lump sums of iron every other turn...

The problem with building yields is they mostly follow the same types of progressions:
+2/+3/+4 loosely.
The issue is that two buildings in separate district that do the same thing have wildly different costs.
For example, a Bank costs 255 but a university costs 225; yet a stock exchange only costs 355 when a research lab is 525.
It's the costs that are out of line with each other, not the yields.

While that's one issue, the bigger issue to me is that buildings and districts provide yields at all without having a population assigned to them.

I think the economic system would be more robust and interesting if all yields were ultimately tied to a population who needs to be fed, housed, and kept happy. Buildings can boost the output of that population, at the cost of maintenance expenses which in turn require you to invest in a gold economy.

Getting rid of gold yields from tiles would also be a good step. The commercial hub and harbour can be places where resources that generate other yields get converted into also generating some gold, while the industrial zone allows resources to be converted into additional production and amenities and new resources for conversion to gold through commercial hubs.

While that's one issue, the bigger issue to me is that buildings and districts provide yields at all without having a population assigned to them.

I think the economic system would be more robust and interesting if all yields were ultimately tied to a population who needs to be fed, housed, and kept happy. Buildings can boost the output of that population, at the cost of maintenance expenses which in turn require you to invest in a gold economy.

Getting rid of gold yields from tiles would also be a good step. The commercial hub and harbour can be places where resources that generate other yields get converted into also generating some gold, while the industrial zone allows resources to be converted into additional production and amenities and new resources for conversion to gold through commercial hubs.
But that's a balance thing. The barbarian camp spawning is not working as intended. There is a bug in there somewhere. First things first.

I agree it's not quite perfect. It's very sticky issue esp with the tier 2/3 buildings, but I'll keep my nose out of that for now.

Getting rid of gold yields from tiles would also be a good step.
I actually think the game would be a lot healthier in terms of strategy if they did the same thing they did in BNW: made gold scarce. The actual maintenance costs of buildings and units was a huge deal even outside the very early stages. If you had to rely on international routes (vulnerable to pillaging or embargo) and your gold districts, and perhaps only luxes gave gold on the map, then you'd have to work a little. (And raised some building maintenance.) It's a little incongruous to the "fill buckets" aspect of the rest of the civ6 economy, but I think gold purchasing should be something that is really useful for those who invest in gold; and those who invest in science or arts find its more about staying positive.

Thanks for doing this. My votes are below.

Nerf pillaging -1 (I would want the AI to do it more - forces you to defend your territory)
Nerf Hungary - no opinion
Nerf Maori +1 - played Maori last night and man it was a ROFL stomp. But I love how interesting their mechanics are.
Buff Canada for diplomatic victory - no opinion
AI taking back suzerainty of levied CS -1 - don't levy units unless you are sure you can maintain it. Also I generally oppose any change that makes the game easier.
Bigger climate impact +1 (I want them to increase the impact by x10 - more coastal flooding, prevent players from buying flood barriers with faith, greatly increased disaster rate, negative amenities based on how much CO2 you are contributing, diplomatic penalities for being top CO2 producer)
Slower climate change +1
Repairing units costs Ressources +1
Units cost several types of ressources +1
Barbs spawning less chaotic +1
Techs/ Civics progressing slower related to production +1

Reduce production cost -1
Better scaling production costs - no opinion
Trade Ressources /turn +1
Revamp WC votes system - (can we be more specific here?)
Faster diplomatic victory -1
More opportunities to score Diplomatic Victory points +1
Nerf Rock Bands +1 - once you reach level 3/4 you are invincible and can go on forever. Retirement chances have to increase after a certain point
Nerf / not adjacent Seasteads +1
Add production per citizen -1
Workshops AoE -1
Railroads and roads look - no opinion
Balance civs -1 (this is too vague; and it's impossible to fully balance them)
Battle Ram obsolete after medieval +1 (I would make battle ram only effective with the unit that it's on top of )
Nerf Ram +1
Air units staying in aerodrome of taken cities +1
Fix Unability to use canals to go into enemy territory +1
Builders use charge to repair +1
CS placement -1 (I don't see a problem with it)
Friends / ally can't attack suzerained CS +1 (OR - an attack on suzerained CS allows you to immediately cancel friendship/alliance with no penalty)
Option to click to add to building queue +1
Ability to slow down culture victory +1 (VERY much believe in this)
Remove barbarian GDR - no opinion
Naval units shouldnt move through tunnels +1
Military Engineers should build road without charge - i don't understand this one -- they can build railroads without charges
ME should be able to speed up Flood Barriers and aqueducts +1 (aqueducts yes, but not flood barriers, those should be hard to build)
No more duplicate Eleanor +1
Georgia bonus to building walls +1 (x100- it should be a huge bonus; and/or Georgia should be able to buy walls with faith)
Rework Hoplites +1 (make stronger)
Buff china's Great Wall +1
Buff France's Château +1
Rework RND +1
Buff Norway - no opinion
Give the IZ adjacency bonus to Factories, not Coal Power Plants -1 (you should be forced to pick CO2 emitting things)
Buff the IZ +1 (I don't know that IZ needs to be buffed, but Great Engineers should be buffed)
buff the Workshop +1
Give Light Cav a -17 v Cities +1
Forts increase strategic resource capacity +1 (i never have a problem with strategic resource capacity - frankly i think they should reduce it)
Buff Aérodromes +1
Make Spaceports require power +1
Change the name of the achievement for winning a game as SWEDEN +1
Slower loyalty flips -1 ( i like the loyalty mechanic)
Infantry shouldn't cost Oil -1 (I like being forced to get resources, otherwise ROFLstomp)
Buff Tier 3 Buildings +1
Reduce production increase for flood barriers -1 they should be hard to get
Barbarian attack drum sound shouldn't be counted as "music" - no opinion
Leader/Civ exclusion (While selecting random Civs/leaders, exclude these leaders) - no opinion
Proper world builder - no opinion

Nerf pillaging +1

Buff domestic trade (e.g make railroads, trading posts, and/or canals affect domestic trade) +1

Prolong the progress of climate change +2

Intensify climate change when it happens - droughts, tile changes (e.g plains -> desert), etcetera +2

Buff workshops and industrial zones (e.g lumber mill adjacent bonus, radial workshop bonus) +1

Buff the weak leaders/civs (you know who they are) +2

Allow players to combat climate change earlier, introduce more ways to do it. Maybe link it to World Congress, like a competition to reduce net CO2 emissions. +2

UI isn't even mentioned which is silly.

The defender already had an enormous advantage vs attackers at even similar strengths before GS. GS disingenuously buffed defenders, further reducing the importance of unit positioning. Now we're further advocating nerfing offense? Investing a decent % of attacker's investment to defend successfully is healthy, why does Firaxis consider otherwise?

- Fix the road graphic bug! It makes an otherwise gorgeous game look horrendous

- Slow down climate clock. I have begun flood barriers way too early in the historic era just to beat the clock. I agree with some of the other posters that climate change should be grander (i.e. more droughts, desertification, etc.), so perhaps see those effects prior to debilitating flooding seen in the Industrial Era? Two oil power plants, no railroads, and a dozen upgraded units globally should not speed up the clock so quickly.

- Greater transparency in World Congress— diplomatic visibility should include the potential proposals a civ may vote upon. Currently, it seems the AI votes in such a random manner that there is no gamesmanship in diplomacy. There is no telling how or what a civ will vote for, making the whole process seem arbitrary. The World Congress is a great concept, but I find that I am increasingly frustrated by the inane proposals that the AI focuses upon.

- More aggressive late-game colonial expansion. Currently, the AI seems to avoid expansion in general—and completely avoids overseas expansion— roughly around the Renaissance Era. However, as the prime late-game resources populate the map, entire islands and continents remain resource-rich but unclaimed. I love the easy land grab to horde oil and uranium for myself, but it seems odd that the AI makes no effort to obtain these resources for themselves via colonization. Is the AI programmed this way for the late game?

Finally, there are some UI issues, like highlighted menu options in the queues that won’t register unless the menu is scrolled down to a certain point, that have gone unnoticed that would be great to see resolved.

Last edited:
There should be a type of Builder that uses charges but specializes in Repairs. That unit should be on its own seperate cost schedule.

Nerf pillaging -1
Nerf Hungary +2
Nerf Maori -1
Buff Canada for diplomatic victory +2
AI taking back suzerainty of levied CS (-1 for non-enemies; +2 for enemies)
Bigger climate impact +2
Slower climate change +2
Repairing units cost Resources -1
Units cost several types of resources +1 (Specifically knights)
Barbs spawning less chaotic -1
Techs/ Civics progressing slower related to production -1
Reduce production cost -1
Better scaling production costs +1 (late game stuff is often too expensive)
Trade Resources /turn -1
Revamp WC votes system -1
Faster diplomatic victory +2
More opportunities to score Diplomatic Victory points +2
Nerf Rock Bands +1
Nerf / not adjacent Seasteads -1
Add production per citizen +1 (only IZs)
Workshops AoE +1 (+1 or +2 seems appropriate and would give more interesting choices)
Railroads and roads look +1 (specifically for pillaged roads/rails)
Balance civs +2 (specifically to buff some vanilla/RaF civs)
Battle Ram obsolete after medieval +1 (after renaissance more like it)
Nerf Ram -1
Air units staying in aerodrome of taken cities +2 (this sounds like a bug by the description so yeah)
Fix Unability to use canals to go into enemy territory -1 (taking the city first makes the most sense)
Builders use charge to repair -1
CS placement -1
Friends / ally can't attack suzerained CS +2
Option to click to add to building queue +2 (specifically shift-clicking and control-shift clicking)
Ability to slow down culture victory -1
Remove barbarian GDR +1 (this is possible ... awesome!)
Naval units shouldnt move through tunnels +2 (again, sounds like a bug)
Military Engineers should build road without charge +2 (I've always believed this pre-GS, now it just makes sense to make roads work like rails)
ME should be able to speed up Flood Barriers and aqueducts +2
No more duplicate Eleanor -1
Georgia bonus to building walls +2
Rework Hoplites -1
Buff china's Great Wall +2
Buff France's Château +2
Rework RND +1
Buff Norway +2
Give the IZ adjacency bonus to Factories, not Coal Power Plants +2
Buff the IZ +1
buff the Workshop +1
Give Light Cav a -17 v Cities +2
Forts increase strategic resource capacity +2
Buff Aérodromes -1
Make Spaceports require power -1
Change the name of the achievement for winning a game as SWEDEN (this is a thing? why?)
Slower loyalty flips -1
Infantry shouldn't cost Oil +2
Buff Tier 3 Buildings +2
Reduce production increase for flood barriers +1
Barbarian attack drum sound shouldn't be counted as "music" +2
Leader/Civ exclusion (While selecting random Civs/leaders, exclude these leaders) +2
Proper world builder +2

am i the only one who feels like they have screwed up the civ spawning and everything is spawning right next to each other? I even tried larger maps with civs taken out and water set to low, and theres never room for more than 5-6 cities spaces closely. i dont mind having to war sometimes, but its all the time now. I much prefer more peaceful games .. and this is pretty quickly killing this game for me. I know it's happened in R&F but it seems way more predominant now.

Bumping this back to the front page. I think this free-form "poll" is one of the better ways for us to keep track of the general consensus for patch requests; as long as @Thibaulthc keeps updating the OP.

I like it better than a poll with a few limited options decided by one person.

Only two first pages taken in account for the moment, I'll keep on updating the list asap but my computer just broke down so it's very tedious to do it on my phone :/
But I'll do it.
If anybody knows how to delete the poll and / or make a poll with several questions, I'd take the hint!
Thanks everybody for your answers and point of views. I'm really not confident that anybody from firaxis would ever read it, but we never know . And I think it pretty I interesting (for firaxis and ) for the modders to know what players would like to see being change first :)

Top Bottom