Poll: Nation - name part 2: The final decision.

What do we call ourselves ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rik Meleet

Top predator
Retired Moderator
The poll nation name had no clear winner.

Japanatica - 20 of 34 votes
Apathetica - 11 of 34 votes
Nihon - 9 of 34 votes
Nipponika - 9 of 34 votes

These contestants are still in the race, getting at least 1/4 of the votes. Let's battle it out between them. Choose 1.

This poll will be opened for 4 days (96 hours).

Very cool. Thank you, RM.

you know i thought we had 5 and Abstania had somehow snuck in ;) its a pity Zarnia didnt make it, i would like to vote for japanatica

Although I included Japanatica in my list of acceptable nation names during the 1st poll, I would like to actively campaign against it now because it seems a bit over-contrived. Apathetica would get the nostalgia vote but could become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

As such, I have to throw my support behind Nipponika, and urge others to join me in supporting this name, which is not a variation on the common (English) version of the real nation's name.

Looks like we have a definite winner already.

well, Nipponika ain't much more imaginative then Japanatica

seeing how Nippon = Japan

granted it's a bit more imaginative... but not much more.

It would have been enough for me. Anything, please. :lol:

I can live with it, but am surprised at Japanatica's apparent slam-dunk status and bummed by the fact that I was gone all day and didn't get to voice my concerns at the outset of this poll.

Oh, well. Long Live Japanatica. :)

Fier Canadien said:
Come on, we've got to be Apathetica!

I mean, just think of it, it's plain funny.
It is funny and unfortunately true, but that isn't exactly the type of national image we should be projecting. :p

But it propably suits well to the legal blabbering and sytuff there is. :rolleyes:

Apathetica it shall be.

I just remembered I was going to propose "_ of the Hojo" (plural) for some reason. It would be the stand out candidate from all the combinations of Fanatika and Japan. But I forgot. :p

I got "Hojo" out of a historical atlas. It appears they once controled the region around Tokyo.

I like Japanatica because i think it combines JapAN and FANatica better than Nipponika. Hah. That sounds dumb. But still, I think we will all love our country no matter what the name is.

I abstain, Nipponika isn't a great name in my opinion and Japanatica is decent but not original enough. If I had to choose anything from the 4 I'd have to say Apathetica. Just my input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom