[NFP] [Poll] What Civ Are You Playing First in the Sept. Update?

Which civ are you playing first?

• Total voters
I don’t play domination, but I love the Byzantines. They may have been my first pick if they were included in the even in the base game, regardless if playstyle.

As a knee-jerk reaction (since I have very little information to go on), I'd say Gaul. But I'll need to see who the leaders of each civ will be and then play whichever one comes first alphabetically. Because that's how I roll.

Gut says I'll do the Gauls, since they're new. Will have to see their abilities to decide which game modes to work with.

Probably Gaul, because I like production based civs and think I'll like the warrior UU, but I must admit the Byzantine fire ship does look fun.

Probably Georgia so I can give the new mode a go, see how much it shifts my overall difficulty of the game, and not worry about getting any of the achievements.

Byzantium by default. I will NEVER use Dynamic Ages, so Georgia is out. I don't have the slightest interest in Gaul when we already have THREE leaders for France.
Yeah, definitely thinking of setting up an anti-Turk game with Hungary, Greece (Pericles), Georgia, Russia, Poland...

Portugal! Oh wait :(

Tenatively Gaul because civ has had Byzantine before but really it will be decided when the abilities are revealed.

the Gauls, 'cause they're all new and shiny :D

Not sure, but probably one of the older civs that's not yet in my GS HOF. I want to get a feel for the new mechanics before playing one of the new civs. I'm thinking try dramatic ages with voidsingers (haven't played with them yet) and see how much of the world I can get to fall into free cities, probably highlands map. Maybe aim for diplo victory? (Can SOL be built on a highlands map???)

I've been waiting for Greek fire Dromons to be in the game. Since they are the only confirmed thing for Byzantium that sealed the deal for me.

Not sure for a normal game, but I am considering playing as the Mapuche for the Dramatic Ages mode playthrough. Without normal ages, their ability may act as a balancing act if some AI chains Golden Ages.

After seeing the first look, Byz is going to be one of my favorite civs.

I love amenities, religious bonuses, and resource boosts. Check check n’ check.

The military is just a bonus.

Plus I love the hagia, and the hippo looks super cool too.

Rome, mainly because I was already planning to do it, but I didn't have the time to play yet. It's also fitting to play as Rome with the two new Civs in the game, plus the new game mode active.

Byzantium surely, I even played few months ago with Greece but renamed capital Constantinople and build AS there (if I could find location where it would be some sort of canal, or one tile water ... that would be awesome)

Rome, mainly because I was already planning to do it, but I didn't have the time to play yet. It's also fitting to play as Rome with the two new Civs in the game, plus the new game mode active.

Trajan: I know this Gallic dude, but what is this Greek-speaking old man who claims he is the Roman emperor?

I'll wait to see what Gaul is like, but Byzantium has me intrigued.

Top Bottom