Poll: What is the worst Natural Wonder to settle?

What is the worst natural wonder to settle?

• The Barrington Crater (+2Gold, +3 Science)

Votes: 54 19.2%
  • Grand Mesa (+2Hammer, +3 Gold)

Votes: 117 41.6%
  • Great Barrier Reef (+2Food, +1Hammer, +1Gold, +1 Science)

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Krakatoa (+5 Science)

Votes: 40 14.2%
  • Mt. Fuji (+2Gold, +3Culture, +3Faith)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Old Faithful (+2Science, +3 Happiness)

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • Rock of Gibraltar (+2Food, +5Gold)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Cerro de Petosi (+10 Gold)

• El Dorado (+5 Culture. 500G for first discovery)

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Fountain of Youth (+10 Happiness. Double Recovery)

• Mt. Kailash (+6 Faith, +2 Happiness)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mt Sinai (+8 Faith)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Sri Pada (+2 Food, +4 Faith, +2 Happiness)

• Ulura (+2 Food, +6 Faith)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • King Solomon's Mine (+6 Hammer)

• Lake Victoria (+6 Food)

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Mt. Klimanjaro (+3 Food, +2 Culture. Altitude Training)

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
Even now Krakatoa's start bias is not fixed? Come on, the real Krakatoa IS NOT that far from the closest Islands of Java and Sumatra. It's probably just one hex away from them.

I have seen Krakatoa 4 hexes from the coast once, still not workable. But usually it is in the middle of the ocean with no islands around.

In terms of sheer yields, this isn't even a question. It has to be the Grand Mesa.

In terms of being impractical, Krakatoa. It can spawn close enough to the coast to be workable - this has happened to me at least once - but if you try to settle it you do run the risk of building an awkwardly-placed city just for the sake of it.

Old Faithful.
Cause when your city is big enough to sacrifice a citizen on it - it's pathetic 2 beakers won't matter anymore.

I voted Grand Mesa. Any other NW gives you something that normal tile don't or in quantity that is above avarage output in early game. GM can be easly replaced with any mining lux.

off topic: my last Spain game i got Sinai in Madrid (had to move settler), and eldorado (20+ tiles away of my cap, near multiple enemies territory). I was buying unit for faith, and conq the world in 1400 somthing.

Sinai got my rel in no time (24:c5faith: from panthon). Eldorado helepd on sopols (10:c5culture: and 8:c5faith:). Later i runed on Kilimanjaro to make my troops unstoppable.

That was fun.

Fair enough. I guess I just like at least seeing some tangible benefits with Grand Mesa. (MORE gold! Now you can actually build that granary in 10 turns as opposed to 400000 turns!) Whereas with Old Faithful I rarely see the tech turn-count even dropping at all when I switch to it.

The thing about Old Faithful is that it gives you +2 happiness just for having it in your borders, which is quite nice - there's no need to work it. Grand Mesa gives no food, and is basically worth an unimproved hill lux.

Even now Krakatoa's start bias is not fixed? Come on, the real Krakatoa IS NOT that far from the closest Islands of Java and Sumatra. It's probably just one hex away from them.

Actually, in many games since the fall patch, I HAVE seen Krakatoa spawn in a workable location from the mainland. It might actually be fixed now.

Top Bottom