Poll: Which Civ will you play first game as?

Which Civ will you play in your first game?

• Americans

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • Arabians

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Aztecs

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • Chinese

Votes: 79 6.0%
  • Egyptians

Votes: 38 2.9%
  • English

Votes: 88 6.7%
  • French

Votes: 80 6.1%
  • Germans

Votes: 125 9.5%
  • Greeks

Votes: 72 5.5%
  • Incans

Votes: 20 1.5%
  • Indians

Votes: 72 5.5%
  • Japanese

Votes: 40 3.0%
  • Malinese

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • Mongolians

Votes: 25 1.9%
  • Persians

Votes: 33 2.5%
  • Romans

Votes: 140 10.6%
  • Russians

Votes: 68 5.2%
  • Spanish

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • Random

Votes: 88 6.7%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 81 6.2%

• Total voters
Why is there no Civilization called POLAND? Polands history is so fascinating and important and so many great personalities in worlds history were born there. Koperniks mothertongue was polish as it was Maria Curie-Sklodowskas, who got a Curie by marrying a Frenchmen. She detected radiation.
Do not forget that it was Poland who bewared Europe from Turks and Islam! Until it was devided in 3 Parts by the most underdeveloped Monarchies in Europe: Russia, Prussia and Austria, Poland ruled about 1Million square kilometers. And never forget, that it was the polish people who started anti-communistic revolution around the world!

I'd like to play the Celts, but since they aren't in this version I'll have to decide when I get it. Here's to Mods or expansions, so I can play my favorite!

I voted Americans, but i might be Germans cause from what i know America was not tooooo good in Civ3. America should be like a lot better in Civ4 or there is something wrong with Sid.(nuttin' personal man)

Kopernik said:
Why is there no Civilization called POLAND? Polands history is so fascinating and important and so many great personalities in worlds history were born there. Koperniks mothertongue was polish as it was Maria Curie-Sklodowskas, who got a Curie by marrying a Frenchmen. She detected radiation.
Do not forget that it was Poland who bewared Europe from Turks and Islam! Until it was devided in 3 Parts by the most underdeveloped Monarchies in Europe: Russia, Prussia and Austria, Poland ruled about 1Million square kilometers. And never forget, that it was the polish people who started anti-communistic revolution around the world!
This is not the "Why isn't my favorite civ in it-thread" (although I can understand MANY people's issues with this)

Ok, I've posted on this thread before. Two weeks ago (or whenever this thing started) I voted on Greece, with which Civ I started all three previous versions. When I saw the prelim leader statistics I changed my mind and decided for Rome and Caesar. After reading Sullla's overview, however, I decided I needed a Spiritual Civ, and went with Spain for my first game. I have no complaints at all. Spiritual and Expansive are great leader traits, particularly for a first game. No anarchy means you can easily play around with the Civics menu to test the new civics as you get them.

being a chinese american, first chinese as Qing-shi-huan, then american as GW, but seems these new chinese special units are little shiity, will find out soon...

The only thing I have to say about Civ 4 is. UNFLIPIN BELIEVABLE. Hats off to all the staff at Firaxis for another all time winner!! I thought that Civ 1.0 was good now Civ 4 takes gaming into simulation.
I do have one question, is the tech tree reduced. I was hoping for a wider variety of techs as in DYP. Maybe a mod??
Anyway I hope this message gets back to the creators some how. I love the quote for Sputnik 1- Beep, Beep, Beep. Leonard's voice is an awsome touch too.

:scan: Mm

Germans. Ive always enjoyed playing as them. Great all around civilization.

To bad they have not included Vikings, I hope they come in some expansion. Without Vikings to play it has to be Germans.

French as napoleon. Musketeer is a good fast unit and agressive will give me extra promotions for my units.

i've played gandhi. I'll try someone else now, but he's definitely something!!!

They have certainly far more influence on the game than the UU of each civ.

BTW I will probably start with Frederic of the Germans to try a cultural victory :)

Equally important to which civ seems to be which leader? As they bring vastly different abilities to the same nation. I voted Russian, but ended up choosing France and Louis - Louis having traits I found interesting...and promptly got my butt handed to me on level two!!

I love re-learning this game every time!!

I picked Egyptians.

I thought Spiritual would be more important with more things to trigger revolutions. Little did I know how short anarchy is in a regular game.

Also, I wasn't able to press the war chariot advantage as much in previous games.

Still, dispite using a little Civ3 thinking, I pulled out the win.

After a lot of deliberation, I went with Cyrus the Great and mighty Persia.

I was gonna play America, but I see they didn't have Geena or Martin. I'll have to settle for FDR. Maybe the second game will be with the Mali Empire - Mansa Musa looks like he's been taking names as is about to start kickin'...

Top Bottom