CanusAlbinus

Chieftain
The three hundred-and-fifty-third episode of PolyCast, “Back to Console School“, features regular co-hosts Stephanie “Makahlua”, Philip “TheMeInTeam”, and Jason “MegaBearsFan” Grade with guest co-host DanQ and discusses the following:

Senate
- 00h03m25s | Districts and their Discontents
- 00h28m30s | Technology and Civic Trees
- 00h42m26s | Wars and Loyalty
- 01h20m26s | Grievances and Warmonger Penalties

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday at 12 Noon US Eastern Time throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding.

The next live recording is scheduled for February 22, 2020.

Last edited:
Great follow-up to the first ‘console-school’ episode! Nice to have some more in-depth mechanics explained.
:) -- glad you enjoyed the listen this time around as well.

Keep up the good work: looking forward to the next one!
Thank you kindly. The next episode focuses on the mid-to-late game: using spies, navies with overseas fighting and airports including air units. Dealing with Disasters and using Governors, introduced and modified in the second expansion Gathering Storm respectively, is scheduled for Episode 355 alongside other topics.

Hello again Victoria.

Great subject matter 5 stars
Coverage of subject 3 stars
Echo avoidance ... 1 star
On the echo front, how does the most previous episode compare for you? Hopefully the next one improves from this one at least. To what degree did you find the echo distracting in this outing?

Appreciate the kudos for the topics selection. As for their coverage, what did you like most and least about it?

t, how does the most previous episode compare for you
I never really remember previous echo, certainly not to this degree, maybe it was just me playing it. Anyone else
As for their coverage, what did you like most and least about it
For warmonger section as an example, War weariness not really covered, things like penalty reductions for allies etc. And loyalty pillaging/starvation. It seemed more intro than intermediate to me but maybe that’s me
However as an example in the district section people could not think of any speciality district for civics. There is only 9 or so so should not be hard to remember a couple?

Thank you for the speedy reply.

Speaking for myself, with so much to cover I felt some subjectivity had to be applied to stick to basics -- as was the stated intent -- while covering them thoroughly.

You identified what you liked the least but what of liking the most?

The personalities make it quite wonderful, the subject matter was great from my point of view so happy to listen from start to end. Don’t stop.
I am humbled by your kind words, as I expect are the regular co-hosts. Thank you for continuing to listen to the podcast and to engage in recurring conversation about it.

The echo was there for me too, especially Mega Bears Fan, when he spoke. But all of you had an echo to some degree. Its the first episode where its been there.

The echo was there for me too, especially Mega Bears Fan, when he spoke. But all of you had an echo to some degree. Its the first episode where its been there.
Hopefully you find the echo lessened, if not gone, on the next episode which has already been recorded. How distracting did you find it in this outing?

Top Bottom