Poor Rio Ferdinand

Stapel

FIAT 850 coupé
He will miss Euro 2004.

The 8 months suspension holds.

I still think Manchester United Amateur Football Club is to blame for this. They should have told Rio to go to the test.

Can we just forget this season ever happened? :mischief:

...we will even give up the charity/community shield/cup...

Not been the best season has it? These things happen in football. Everything goes in cycles.

:cry:

Originally posted by col
Not been the best season has it? These things happen in football. Everything goes in cycles.

:cry:

No Col, they do not just happen. A football club like Man U. should have done better on this issue. In the past few years, several top football players have been suspended for drug crimes. It is rather stupid not to guide players in the process.

Originally posted by Dell19
Well its too late now, just got to hope that it won't happen again.

Well, I think it is possibel to appeal in Switzerland. He has a point, as his punishment is more severe than other' s (that actually did use forbidden stuff). The FA rules lack a clear rule on how to handle these matters.

Originally posted by Stapel

No Col, they do not just happen. A football club like Man U. should have done better on this issue. In the past few years, several top football players have been suspended for drug crimes. It is rather stupid not to guide players in the process.

You can guide players all you like but that doesnt stop brain dead idiots like Ferdinand screwing up. He has noone to blame but himself and though I'm not happy about the inconsistency of his treatment compared to other players, the ban will certainly make everyone in the Premiership a lot more aware about the issues involved.

I was thinking more of the big picture when I referred to ManU's season rather than specifically Rio. Things havent worked out well for us this year in all kinds of ways. Arsenal are looking unbeatable and we have to slug it out with Chelsea for second spot in the league.

We have been at the top for a long time and noone stays these forever by right. Its been an anus horribilis.

We'll be back next season...don't forget, we still have youngsters like Ronaldo and others coming through.Also Ferdinand is only 25 so he has got a few more seasons.

We know, but it doesn't change anything about this season.

next season should be good, Man U will not be the favourites, which is nice. With Rio back and a summer break the team should have regained its confidence by the start of the new season.

Well the thing that irks me the most this season will be Arsenal strolling to the title.:cry:

If they go out of the Champions League then the balance will be restored...

Fergerson should have gone after a defender in the winter transfer window dont know who but im sure he could have found someone

Yeah it was the logical thing to do... Ronaldo isn't crap its just that he doesn't neccessarily play as part of the team.

Ronaldo is Man Utd's best player, with the possible exception of Van 'oops, I fell over in the penalty box' Nistelrooy. On the point of Ferdinand and his ban, he can consider himself lucky because the FA were pushing for an increase in his ban to one year. Oh, and I think this has been Man U's best season for at least a decade.

Originally posted by MrPresident
Oh, and I think this has been Man U's best season for at least a decade.

:rocket2: :ripper: :spank:

Originally posted by MrPresident
On the point of Ferdinand and his ban, he can consider himself lucky because the FA were pushing for an increase in his ban to one year.

That would have just been a greater injustice...

Originally posted by col

:rocket2: :ripper: :spank:

You know smiley-only posts are frowned upon in CFC ? Maybe I should report that post to a moderator :D.

Anyway, more on-topic, how much does Ferdinand earn again ? Perhaps we should reconsider calling him 'poor'.

Top Bottom