Possible Ammendment/Article Discussion

@Superpelon - Finally we get somewhere, I agree that no government official should be able to hold a post in the Senate. What do you mean by itemized budgetary powers? Im not quite sure what you are saying here, but if i understand you correctly I think that that would work.

@blackheart - "famous last words...", yes it does not appear it ever will happen, but that doesnt mean it couldn't happen...it would permanently destroy the demogame too if it did...all the more reason to make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN IT CAN'T...there are some twisted people out there, I have met some of them and I would guess it is only a small fraction...generally those same people are very good at concealing themselves too.

Bobby Lee said:
Yes, I definately would like more citizen involvement in the budget.

Any citizen can involve themselves in the financial matters of the nation. Simply post in Domestic Deptartment and/or in any relevant Citizen Forum thread. Heck, you can even post an informal poll to gauge the will of the people. The point is, it is easy for any citizen that wants to to influence a given aspect of the game.

I agree with those that are against a Senate. In fact I was one of the 18 or so people who voted for abollishing the previous senate .While not playing in previous demogames my understanding is that the Senatate had few powers if any and was more of a hassle than it was worth. I think that if we had one it would either (A) be a powerless waste of space or (B) take power away from the people. sorry Lee , it was a well thought out idea though. :cool:

Well, I appreciate the praise, I still hope the idea can be worked out into a highly effective solution.

Also in response to Superpelon earlier, you mentioned a new name, how about "The Round Table"...lol (j/k)...really though, how about Budgetary Council, Department of Finance, Budgetary Committee?

Top Bottom