Possible to paste text without losing blank lines?

When pasting text into a post on this website, the blank lines are removed, so one has to go through the text and re-add line spacing.

Is there a way to paste text without blank lines being removed?

Sorry, do not understand this? I copy and paste text all the time on the site and have never seen this issue?

Are you copying off the site or from a word processor or?

I often write in Notepad or Notepad++ and then paste into the reply box.

Maybe it's the Rich Text Editor.

For example, the following text I am pasting from Notepad and has two blank lines:

Test
Test
Test - blank line is below this
Test
Test
Test - blank line is below this
Test
Test

The blank lines are removed when pasting.

I'll use BB Code Editor mode, going forward, and will report back if the issue persists.

When pasting text into a post on this website, the blank lines are removed, so one has to go through the text and re-add line spacing.

Is there a way to paste text without blank lines being removed?
I often write in Notepad or Notepad++ and then paste into the reply box.
FWIW, when I'm writing Succession-Game turnlogs, I use Windows WordPad (an RTF editor) rather than Notepad (only a TXT editor), and I've never lost blank lines when I copy-paste such (RTF) text across to CFC.

(Text formatting such as bold/italics doesn't import, but I either put the BBCode tags into the RTF-text, or just click the formatting buttons above the 'Reply' box, once my text has been pasted.)

I use OpenOffice when I write turn logs, and when I paste into the reply box, it _adds_ blank lines which I then remove by hand. I guess I'm getting all of Trigan Emperor's blank lines.

Top Bottom