• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Post a painting you like

Kyriakos

Creator
There are some paintings which are less known, but can be dear to someone who has seen them. I thought that this could be an easy way to see more paintings which do not normally appear, since they are by not so known painters, or they are not representative of their ussual style :)

You can post any painting you like, for whatever reason :)

This is the "blue horseman" by Kandinsky:

Not sure who created this superb panzer painting, but it is one of my favourites for technique and style.

This is my desktop background; it was also used as the cover to what might be my favorite album of all time (Bathory's 1988 magnum opus Blood Fire Death). The artist is Peter Nicolai Arbo, a Norwegian 19th century painter; the title is Åsgårdsreien (the motive is the Norse equivalent of the "Wild Hunt").

Spanish Armanda being burnt by the english

Leif posted the one I was thinking about.

Listen to 'Ride of the valkyries' (Wagner) while you look at it.

:D

@Darth_Pugwash:

The Baron versus Hawker, it seems...A legendary battle between two aerial heroes.

:)

I like the way Turner (probably) thought ;) Making something random, observing what it *could* look like, and then presenting the composition as something from the start destined to be just that, therefore claiming that the randomness was carefull abstaction :)

breugel's 'winter/hunters in the snow'. my parents had a print of this over the fireplace, as a youngster i used to adore looking at what all the people were doing.

Attachments

• breugel.bmp
    270.2 KB · Views: 73

La Fragua de Vulcano by Diego Velazquez

He's one of my favorites. :)

Top Bottom