Post a picture of your empire

probably a OCC game... and gunna' win a cultural victory by the looks of it

It is a One City Challenge game, and I won a cultural victory in 1702AD (IIRC). It's also the only time I got named "The Fair" in recent memory. Score was only 1500-ish, unfortunately, so it doesn't show up in top ten.

Zefrynus said:
What's OCC?
Here's the Comprehensive Guide To Variants for more details.

Heres a pic from Normal Civ for a change

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 184
He probably hasn't been out of despo for very long, so there was no point in irrigated grass.

It is a One City Challenge game, and I won a cultural victory in 1702AD (IIRC). It's also the only time I got named "The Fair" in recent memory. Score was only 1500-ish, unfortunately, so it doesn't show up in top ten.

Here's the Comprehensive Guide To Variants for more details.

OK. Thx! :)

This might totally unimpressive to you because it's just a regent-level game, but for me it was great achievement to do this well on that level (allthough I had set AI aggressiveness on "less aggressive").

I played as Manchuria (renamed China). My first wars were against the Aztecs who kept declaring on me all the time. I also had war against Japan for a really long time without being able capture any city from them. The first genocide happened when the Zulu declared war on me, and I had lots of civs join me against them. By 1400 AD they had only one 1-tile island city left. The Japanese I finally conquered in 1640. Then there was a major world war against the Aztecs. I made peace with them in 1776 when they had only four 1-tile island cities left. Then the French got jealous at me and attacked me. Again, I had help from other civs. The Spanish foolishly declared against the French and got wiped out by them in 1844. Madrid was their only city. (They had once had a second city but it got destroyed early on.) In 1910 I was able to destroy the French, as I got amphibious warfare and was able to take their last city on Tasmania. I didn't waste much time as I captured the last city of the Zulu in 1928, and the remaining Aztec cities in 1950. Then I had a submarine accident so the Russians declared on me, but I destroyed them in 1994. Then in 2010 I conquered Arabia in one turn, and England in two turns at 2011. Only India and America remained now, and both were pissed at me because I was way ahead of them (and because I had nuked Mecca :eek:). So India cancelled their mutual protection pact with me and joined a pact with America. I already had a MPP with America, so I quickly moved my units into Indian territory and had them attack me first. But I wasn't able to conquer them before the game ended in 2032 when I achieved world domination.

The map shows the approximate original areas of the different civs.

Attachments

• Manchuria.gif
    Manchuria.gif
    32.5 KB · Views: 363
Well it is impressive to play out on such a large map. I would be more impressed, if the distance between towns was not so great and hence so few of them. Were they they laid down at the start?

The gaps are huge in American towns, even for the AI.

I think that map's smaller than it looks.

The details on that map are pretty crude and blocky, so I'd say Choxorn is probably correct. I'd say maybe 100x180. About a large map.

Late reply, but yeah, the map wasn't that big.

Here's a new pic (oh noes, I'm too obsessed with maps). I was Turkey, but the damn Spanish got a diplomatic victory. :mad: Two civs were exterminated: the Byzantines and the Russians. But Russia was completely ******ed. Moscow was located on a small island, but there was still enough room for them to build another city on that island with no borders overlapping, but they didn't build any. In the scenario I had given them an extra settler that was located on another island, but they let it just stand there for several thousand years without using it. Only after I had captured Moscow did they build another city with it. Why is the AI being this stupid?

Attachments

• Inverted-Europe.gif
    Inverted-Europe.gif
    133.4 KB · Views: 126
Yeah, cool, the ocean and land switched places. Also, it appears the depth of the ocean tiles corresponds to the height of the land in the real world. Nice work. :goodjob:

Top Bottom