• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Post Fall Patch Auto-Annex with Venice

Monthar

Deity
While playing GotM 71 after my game was patched I hit the auto-annex bug. I believe the initial save was created before the patch was released. Since this game is with Venice, this bug effectively lets me bypass the no-annex part of the UA.

Don't open the spoiler or the attached save game files if you intend to play and submit the GotM 71 game and haven't finished it yet.
Spoiler :
Here's a screenshot of the Zulu capital in which I queued up Notre Dame after capturing the city just to prove that I can actually control production in this city.
Spoiler :

I've attached the auto-save from the beginning of the turn I captured the city that was auto-annexed and a manual save immediately after I captured the city. When attempting to repeat this bug, make sure you have the swordsman pillage the wine before capturing the city to ensure he has enough health to capture it.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0177 AD-1170.Civ5Save
    990.9 KB · Views: 57
  • TSG71_Auto-Annex Bug.Civ5Save
    990.3 KB · Views: 70
Update: I loaded the auto-save and Luckily, on replaying the turn after going thru all the F-keys to open and close each window, followed by manually opening the windows and using the F-key to close them, I was able to capture the city and got the pop-up so I could choose to puppet it properly.

Top Bottom