[R&F] Post Spring Patch: what does FXS still need fix / rework?

What are the top three things you think still need to be fixed / reworked?

• Other Civs (specify which in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You missed (as a poll option) the AI STILL forward settling in places GUARANTEED to loyalty flip.... though probably AI settling in a moronic fashion in general should have a unified option instead of splitting it up.

This thread was created I think before the patch actually went live, so we didn't know it by then. Forward settling actually got worse compared to the previous version - they're now sending their settlers to the most unexpected of places again.

You missed (as a poll option) the AI STILL forward settling in places GUARANTEED to loyalty flip.... though probably AI settling in a moronic fashion in general should have a unified option instead of splitting it up.

This thread was created I think before the patch actually went live, so we didn't know it by then. Forward settling actually got worse compared to the previous version - they're now sending their settlers to the most unexpected of places again.

Thanks. Added as a separate option. Sorry, but I can't amend existing categories.

I voted when this first came out, and picked Air Force, Diplomacy and as a distant 3rd Military Tactics (which if it was just linked up to Cartography, would probably fix it).

I've only played 1 game since the patch, and it was a game that was already in progress. At this point I don't have enough information to change my third vote, but I did notice some AI city placement without much consideration for Loyalty. This seemed to be something that wasn't a problem pre-patch, but if something has been broken here it would be far more important to me than Military Tactics. I don't mind if the AI forward settles on occasion, as long as it takes loyalty into account and goes out of it's way to attempt to secure the position with governors, garrisoned units, policy cards, etc.

I voted when this first came out, and picked Air Force, Diplomacy and as a distant 3rd Military Tactics (which if it was just linked up to Cartography, would probably fix it).

I've only played 1 game since the patch, and it was a game that was already in progress. At this point I don't have enough information to change my third vote, but I did notice some AI city placement without much consideration for Loyalty. This seemed to be something that wasn't a problem pre-patch, but if something has been broken here it would be far more important to me than Military Tactics. I don't mind if the AI forward settles on occasion, as long as it takes loyalty into account and goes out of it's way to attempt to secure the position with governors, garrisoned units, policy cards, etc.

Well, in my only post-patch game there was lots of flipping going on, and some Free Cities even remained free for considerable amounts of time (like a couple of eras).

Has anyone got improved Multiplayer? After the expansion me and a friend keep getting resyncing every damn turn. Did the patch fix this?
Or do anyone know any fix against constant resyncing?

I've only played 1 game since the patch, and it was a game that was already in progress. At this point I don't have enough information to change my third vote, but I did notice some AI city placement without much consideration for Loyalty.

Well, in my only post-patch game there was lots of flipping going on, and some Free Cities even remained free for considerable amounts of time (like a couple of eras).

I think there is a difference between a lot of city flipping during the game and newly founded cities that are doomed to flip from the start. The first thing I don't mind (much). But the second thing would be quite bad if it indeed got worse with this patch.

In my games (pre-patch) the general loyalty spiral usually starts after a new era hits and some civs drop in age (like previously golden, now dark). If there are science heavy AIs in the game (Korea, Scotland) it is quite likely that eras go by too fast for the AIs to gather enough era points and suddenly 80% of the world is in a dark age.

In a post-patch game I noticed only one AI settling absolutely stupidly (as in: with no regards to loyalty at all) and that was Victoria. I speculate that she might have gotten some special coding to settle off-continent which leads to very underwhelming results. But then again - a sample of one doesn't really say much.

I think there is a difference between a lot of city flipping during the game and newly founded cities that are doomed to flip from the start. The first thing I don't mind (much). But the second thing would be quite bad if it indeed got worse with this patch.

Most of them were hopeless from the start. One example was China putting its city half the map away from their main territory next to a cluster of Khmer (of all the people, their population bias almost guarantees huge loyalty pressure!) cities. Also Indonesia was probably infected by neighboring England and attempted to settle every landmass. Interestingly, Victoria herself didn't try that.

Top Bottom