Post your first R&F start location

20180208065612_1.jpg

Turned out that we can grow some really expensive Chocolate in Argentina ...

20180208183706_1.jpg

Playing as Poundmaker - Genghis spawned 10 tiles from my start (red circles). Tundra above and desert below me - I wasn't real thrilled, although I have some hills. I lost 2-3 Archers and sacrificed an Okihtcitaw taking his 3 cities (King level). I would have only taken one city, had he not been gracious enough to finish an Encampment for me the turn I took his cap. Had he kept pumping Archers I would have lost more units and had to retreat. Pretty slick tactics for the AI for a while.
Cree-2.jpg

After lurking on the forums all day, its finally time to start :D

So much green and open space... The Scottish Empire will craft many fine golf courses in these wonderful grasslands. :love:

so many quarry spots . . .

I know :D I'm not bothering with religion, so no stone circles. I'll probably end up harvesting most of the stone and keeping the jade.

We need to dig lots of holes for the golf courses after all!

No rerolls (it's only Prince). Mongolia Prince Epic Continents Standard size maps, and defaults for everything else.

edit: Oh shoot, I forgot to choose my opponents, I wanted to have all R & F civs in the game. My first civ I met is Japan. Oh well, I'll roll with this start. No restarts unless something really bad happens.

Last edited:
2nd game, Wilhelmina om Emperor. Horrible half-tundra start with no lux (red dot), settled the coast NW on Citrus. Torres del Paine nearby, and first to meet Yerevan and 2 Science CS, lol.
Wilhelmina-1.jpg

I had a similar coastal/tundra/desert start as Poundmaker.

It turns out I'm on a mid-sized island of sorts. Got about 6-8 cities crammed onto it, two CSes and didn't see any other civs for the first era or two. So not much in the way of interaction but I've gotten to play with some of the new toys.

I don't have a screenshot of it, but my first start was with Shaka and I explored for about 25 turns before realizing there was an extremely large mountain range that was impassable to reach any other civs. Sure wouldn't make it a fun game with Shaka if I couldn't ever get around the mountains to declare war on anyone. :sad:

Top Bottom