Post Your Ship Designs

This time it took some time before being able to get more ships done. I got
ES IV: Oblivion last week and modding it consumed my free time over easter ;)
-------------------------------------

Several times I already mistook my constructors for freighters or troop ships- dangerous when one just clicks the units away and sends them into dangerous zones and then realizes that instead of the urgently needed invasion army the only thing that arrived at the enemy system is merely a construction hauler or colony ship :| (ok- maybe I am the only one that managed to mess up like that- LOL).

Having made a constructor out of the human cargo no.# I decided I had made enough ships using that particular hull. My first attempt) resulted in the rather plain Columbia/Goliath class (see post 60) and I may modify this ship class to become the standard fast constructor. This particular hull type will however now be reserved for freighters and troop transports.

That means that I still need to make a differently looking slow and inexpensive constructor and also a new type of basic colony ship for those nearby systems. So, back to the galactic shipyard drawing board...

Phoenix Class Colonisation Hauler & Roc Class Construction Hauler

I previously posted the Fighter I am using but I thought that the alternate one I made in paralel deserved being posted here as well for inspirational purpose. On the screenshot of this one the difference between light, medium and heavy fighter is better visible than in those of the other unit (though both share the exact same elements, of course). Note: This is not a Drengin Fighter but is really based on a Terran hull, the Drangin Cockpit has been wrapped around the Terren one ;) Bless Kryo and his great mod)

cool, are there alot more extras than in the demo? I think there are, but just wondering.

Here's my First Attempt at a large hulled Ship:

Attachments

• Battle Cr Design.jpg
    Battle Cr Design.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 454
  • Battle Cr Design 2.jpg
    Battle Cr Design 2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 288
W.i.n.t.e.r said:
Haven't played the demo yet- you mean extras such as new ship parts?

I mean extras as in those structural parts that dont take up space.

The extra structure parts and such are referred to as jewelry. I don't know if there's more jewelry in the release as there is in the demo, but the Collector's Edition of the game has extra hulls and extra jewelry as well.

probably too late now to get the collectors edition though. but if there is one, I might get it, depends on what else it has and if its worth it.

smjjames said:
probably too late now to get the collectors edition though. but if there is one, I might get it, depends on what else it has and if its worth it.
I bought the Collectors Edition last week from Best Buy, they had 2 copies left and it was the same price as the reg. game $40.00....:mischief: You might still get lucky if you look around.

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
interesting look- what are those spiked turrets on the upper wings?
Yeah it's interesting, it's amazing what kind of things you come up with at 2:00 AM. Those spikes turrets are the bend wings (Human style) that are paired up next to each other in the menu, there scaled down and are attached to their larger counterparts. I wish they would name the parts or something its hard to describe each part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony D.
W.i.n.t.e.r, how is it you're using that Small hull as a bridge? Text editing the files, or some sort of mod? I'm kind of wanting to do something like that myself (might post up what I've been working on soon), so I'm rather curious. Thanks!

Hiya, glad you guys like them

I am using Kryo's System mod. It allows one to use all sorts of ship hulls and jewelry staring from scratch. That also explains the small hull used as bridge (Lohengram's idea). The only issue with the mod this far is that the blank hull files will not depict large and huge ships according to their size on the map (for the Tarasque Class, for instance, I started of with a huge hull and virtualy built the rest of ship around and on top of it until it dissapeared within the new design- this way the ship will show up HUGE, as it should )

Still gotta finish and fiddle with some ships on my wishlist b4 I post them.

*bleh, I hate the way you quote stuff on these boards because I can't do a quote within a quote by pressing the quote button*

anyway, so I guess that explains why some of the designs, such as yours Winter, which have a hull as a bridgepiece, also there seems to be some pieces and jewlery unavailable (or unreachable) in the demo. I can't wait to get the game for my B-Day :)

also, how do I take screenshots with the demo or does the demo not have that capability? because when I press printscreen, it should save a screenshot or something but doesn't seem to have that capability.

edit: I just looked at the info for Kryos hull mod and it sounds VERY cool! :) it should allow me to be as creative as I want to be. only thing is, not sure how to make parts count as jewlery such as weapons and other stuff, but still, that should allow me to do cool stuff with it.

To capture a screen shot you first hit you're print screen button then open a program like paint and under edit select paste. I was confused about this at first also, I looked all through my GC2 files for a screen shot folder, but there is none. I wish Stardock would address this in one of their patches because a game like this is one that people will taking screen shots often!

Get yourselves a stand-alone Screenshot program that U can use in the background. This way once you are done playing you can then save all the screenies you made during your game session. I recommend Hyper-Snap (don't register or anything as DL should start within around 10 seconds)...

After having to look at my Avalon class for too long I realized its actualy pretty dull. So I made some esthetic enhancements which have resulted in the Asgard class; same concept: A huge hulled Freighter- perfect for trading in Pirate infested Space ;)

Also, finaly got to remake Lohengram's 2nd destroyer (with all those added details that all my designs carry)- I dubbed it the "Cerberos Class" after that cute little 3-headed Hellhound of ancient Greek mythology. It sure looks small after those other things on display- but that's just the way its meant to be, small and lean- perfect for a medium warship.

cool, they look sorta 'Starship Troopers'ish in style. although you are mostly using the terran hull.

ah man, I can't wait to get this cool game! :) but my B-Day is slightly less than a month from now. Since I have the college finals on the first monday of June and my B-Day is the friday before that (my B-Day is on the 2nd and the finals are on the 5th if you haven't figured it out already), I may have to hold off on doing it because I KNOW I will need to cram for the math finals :p :p

ah heck, this is offtopic now lol! I'm sure you can tell I'm excited about this :)

also, Winter, what are those 'pods' on the sides of the Asgard class ship? I haven't seen that part before in the demo.

You mean this thing?? The "Rodger Young". Yes, it bares some similarities, a similar, yet les rounded front part and the bridge... well, they are "Terrans" after all ;)

Would be nice if someone went that direction with his/her shipbuilding :)

I find the terran cargo hull very practical. It just screams fast lifter, thus has come to serve as freighter, military transport and also as this heavy type of freighter. Making it more bulky this actualy appears on-map larger as my Dreadnought vessels- A pirate would think twice before attacking one of these.... I also made a revamp of it as fast constructor (the other terran cargo hull I use for the slow, more basic versions) but haven't gotten round to making screenies (after all its just another terran hull and I fear people may get bored with too much of the same).

also, Winter, what are those 'pods' on the sides of the Asgard class ship? I haven't seen that part before in the demo.

Those with the blue-ish lights? Those are Warp (3? or so) engines. Am still torn between making such things visible or built into the ship hull...

Good luck with your revision :)

revision? you mean the finals I guess? thanks :)

and yea the one with the blueish lights is what I'm asking about.

and that ship does look heavily armoured and having good weapons :) the thing on the top at the front looks like it could be some kind of laser cannon.

Top Bottom