• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Pounder's Completely Redone Railroads

Pounder

Phaethon was here
June 4, 2011 - Download is here Pounder's Railroads TNG

December 20, 2009 - Rails 4.7 Download on post #105

Don't know if anyone still uses these.

Here is another set that I have removed a lot of the unnecessary paved roads and bits of rail. Have also removed virtually all the buildings and shrubs.

I have been using many more resources than I have in the past and wanted to remove some of the unnecessary clutter.

Edit: June 4, 2008 Posted some updated rails with telephone poles. Preview and Download on thread #101.

Edit: May 5/05 Post #3 has a download of Rails with Telephone Poles

Edit Dec 19, 2004
Changes:
Where the city density increases I have made about half of the 17 tiles that go all directions into road only so there are not as many rails within the city. Looks a bit more like industrial parks or subdivisions. There are a few other tweaks that have been made over the last several months. The download is here in Post #1 just below the preview.

I have re-done the railroads from scratch, as I didn't really care for the Firaxis version.

There are railroads interlaced with paved roads, I did not touch the regular 'roads' file.

After you unzip it and place it in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain[/b]

Be sure to backup your existing railroads file in case you ever decide to change back.

Attachments

• RAILROADS VERSION 4.2.zip
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,742

I have been working on the adding telphone poles to the railroads files.

I have them going NW-SE only so that they can have termination points, as well I did't want them absolutely everywhere.

As with the railroads, I think they look kind of cool as they are being built.

After you unzip it and place it in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\Terrain[/b]

Be sure to backup your existing railroads file in case you ever decide to change back.

Attachments

• railswithpoles.zip
    98.5 KB · Views: 768
I was thinking of a more subtle change in contrast. Something like this: (black replaced with (66,66,66).

Attachments

• untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 15,289
Thisis a really nice change. All the curvy tracks in the game are really annoying.

Thanks

Here they are with the 66,66,66 gray:

Download

Looks cool:goodjob:

I think it looks awsome:goodjob:

Top Bottom