1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

PowerBar Training Utility

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Utility Programs' started by Nexushyper, May 11, 2004.

1. NateDawgNY

NateDawgNY Just Chillin'

Hmm.... It may use different memory offsets than the original. I remember hearing something about that when Civ3 Gold came out.

Valek:
    What exactly does the trainer do when you try to load it after building your first city?

2. Valek

Valek Chieftain

What exactly does the trainer do when you try to load it after building your first city?

See below image. Thats about it.

3. Nexushyper

Nexushyper Chieftain

Yeah, as I said, it does not work with Gold or Complete. I don't care if there are 50 titles (Gold, Complete, final, whatever) the 1.22 means nothing when there is a title. Each title has different memory offsets and thus, as I explained, PB will not work with Complete or Gold until I get the memory offsets for them. (When and If I buy GOld and Complete).

However, the offsets are not your issue based on that screenshot. PB will attempt to load the offsets and if they are wrong will pop-up a warning and about wrong offsets and close out. This is a screen shot of a hung program and I have no clue why it does this for you.

Any time anyone makes a program they usually have to test it on 1000's of PC comobnations, IE: different motherboards, sound cards, proccesors, video cards, monitors, etc. None of that testing took place with PowerBar so there could be a conflict between PowerBar and something on your computer but that is just a guess and I have no clue why it happened.

4. Danae

Danae Chieftain

Hello, Ive tried using this on mp, I have read before you need to change your name to the correct leaderhead name, I've done so, for instance I was Celts and changed my name to Brennus but when I clicked load it Said "Multiplayer Mode detected" shutting down PB, will their be a version anytime soon that does not have this problem?

5. Nexushyper

Nexushyper Chieftain

No!! There will never be a version that works on MultiPlayer EVER!!!! PowerBar is dedictaed to NEVER be used MultiPlayer. It is designed for you to only cheat yourself and not be used MultiPlayer(mp).

There is, however, a problem that I can not fix in which if you player against yourself and use custom leaderheads you will get 'Multiplayer Mode detected" I apoligize but I have found no way around fixing that. Some mods this works with even with custom civs, but custom leaderheads is stored in memory the same place multiplayer names are stored so no way to fix this.

Again, PowerBar is, and never will be, a cheat program to be used against others! You can use PowerBar to cheat yourself, or help you test mods, nothing more!

6. Danae

Danae Chieftain

so if me and my wife wants to use it on hot seat we wont be able to do that? we used other trainers to make our games go faster, but this one is much better and gives us more options such as helping the computer if their doing sucky.

7. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

I'm afraid this is a case of a few cheaters ruining the fun of many, it 's unfortunate but neccesary evil, maybe Civ4 won't have this problem.

CS

8. OvrEagR

OvrEagR Chieftain

Valek, I get the same thing when I try to use PB with Civ 3 Complete. I guess there must be something in the new release that just doesn't allow PB to load the info.

Best bet for folks like us is probably to just be patient. There are a lot of very good programmers out there and I am sure someone will come up with a trainer that works with Complete sooner or later.

Let me know if you figure out how to get it to work though!! ;)

9. Nexushyper

Nexushyper Chieftain

Guys, please, like I said. The offsets for Complete are different.

This is like the 5th time I have said this.

If I could afford a copy I would go buy it and get the offsets and update PowerBar for you. Sorry, but I can't afford it.

10. OvrEagR

OvrEagR Chieftain

Yeah, that is why I said this:
    I am sorry you can't afford Complete. However, my post wasn't meant to be harassing towards you in any way. I was just letting Valek know that I had a similar problem and that I am sure someone will eventually find a way to fix it. :goodjob:

:)

11. Valek

Valek Chieftain

Well, perhaps its time for a fourth programmer?
    Someone to upgrade it for C3Complete?
    If you could find someone to do it, of course.

12. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

Or maybe someone with a little extra cash but not the programming knowledge could buy it for such a dedicated Civer who is donating his time and effort to give you a free product.

Just my 2 cents.

CS

13. Valek

Valek Chieftain

Somehow that seems unlikely.

14. smurf56001

smurf56001 Chieftain

I donwloaded the latest version of the Powerbar I have all the latest game patches and I'm running Windows XP. I get into Civ 3 and load my Saved game withe the Powerbar previously up and then I click the load button once my game is running. Nothing happens though it says its loading but nothing loads. It just says loading. I walked away for a thirty minutes came back and it still said loading. Why wont it work?

15. jeannie

jeannie Chieftain

Are you playing CIV from one of the original releases of the games CIV3 and the expansions PTW and Conquests? Or are you playing from one of the later releases such as Civ 3 Gold or Complete? Powerbar isn't set up to work with the later releases such as 'gold' or 'complete'. Each of the different versions of the programs/expansion packs has differences in the 'memory offsets' that determine where the data from a game is stored in memory. These 'memory offsets' aren't documented for the general public, I assume, so it requires a great deal of work for the PowerBar programmer to research this information.

So if you're running one of the 'later' versions of the game, you can't use PowerBar. I also assume that's unlikely to change, since no one gets paid to maintain PowerBar - it's strictly a volunteer job.

16. treyphan77

treyphan77 Chieftain

I do a little bit of coding myself, but I also have 2 copies of Civ Gold, I'd be willing to give ya one ;)

17. Lambda

Lambda Chieftain

PM him asking his home adress, we all thank you if you did so!

:D

18. civaddict1979

civaddict1979 Chieftain

I will donate CIV Complete to make the powerbar for civ complete.

19. Mementh

Mementh Chieftain

old user

i remember when this trainer was just being made years ago

got a problem though

can't get the units screen to work.. keeps saying can't do it because "unable to apply selected filter"

i am playing the original civ3 (only because i don't understand the new versions and what they bring to the game ( not looking for scenarios or online play)

20. Lethal Larry

Lethal Larry Chieftain

Well, crap.
    I had the original version of Civ 3 a few years ago, and found that cyberman's little trainer worked fine.... however, since my old CD of Civ3 met with an untimely demise (via a pair of pliers) after an argument with my wife (because I played the game too much), I recently went out and bought Civ3Complete - and now I find I can't do any of the fun things I used to be able to do with some of the other trainers.

So, having the complete version, and the 1.29f patch - is there ANY trainer that will work for me?